Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF140 2003, Multi function gauge question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 2003, Multi function gauge question.

Hello!

First off i am aware that this question has arised before, and i've been googling quite alot lately but alot of dead links are out there regarding this subject and i'm still very confused about what i actually need for this setup.

Anywho, my friend is a Suzuki dealer, and he had a bunch of these newer Multi Function Gauges laying around, and i got one for free. But we have been scratching our heads on what is actually needed for this to work on an older engine.

First we thought we only needed the conversion cable from the old round style engine harness, to the new square one. But i've been digging around and from what i understand i need a complete "Nmea 2000" harness? I found a dealer who sells them but they are like $600, and i really don't want to buy anything that i don't really need.

Basically we though we only needed to hookup the diagnostics-cable, but it seems that's not the case. My plan was to remove all the old gauges, and only have this multi-function gauge and my Garmin plotter.

Could anyone please make it a bit clearer on the subject?

Thank you so much!

If the gauge you have is the SMG4, which is distinguished by having the rounded corners, well, it doesnt work with engines earlier than 2015 - the exceptions being some fly by wire models from maybe one or two years earlier than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      If the gauge you have is the SMG4, which is distinguished by having the rounded corners, well, it doesnt work with engines earlier than 2015 - the exceptions being some fly by wire models from maybe one or two years earlier than that.
      Thank you so much for your answer! I can finally stop searching haha!

Comment

Working...
      X