C10 gauge problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C10 gauge problem.

2018 150 hp. Gauge says testing 123 on the left-hand side multiple times. Any thoughts?

Perhaps a little more info about the circumstances when this is happening etc might help.

Anyway, the first thing to look at when there are false codes, if that is what you are seeing, is power supply to the engine and ecu.

So suggest you remove and clean:
    - main battery cables
    - the white wire connection to the main battery switch and its fuse
    - the network power connections behind the dash, including the fuse in the pos wire.

And have the batteries load tested while you are there.

If you google the Simrad IS-35 gauge, and find a user manual online, it tells you how to do a reset on the gauge. C-10 is a clone of IS-35 with mildly tweaked software for specific Suzuki feature. A reset might help.

See how that goes for a start.

Comment

Engine runs perfect. starts normal. Gauge comes up after turning on and says Suzuki and then goes to a screen that says testing 123 on left side 4 times. No matter what buttons I push nothing happens

Comment

Ok, well try the things a per my earlier post. Voltage plus the gauge reset.

Here is how to do a reset on the gauge

Turn the unit off.
        Hold the up/down keys while powering the unit on.
        A beep will signal that it has rebooted.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-23-2021, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Morning. I reset the gauge with the instructions above and everything came back like it should be. If I turn off the key and then turn it back on it goes back to the testing 123 screen.

Comment

Sounds like a gauge issue for sure. Hard to know if its software or hardware.

Is it under 12 months old? If so it may be worth a warranty claim.

Otherwise you could try reloading the gauge software. Here is a link to the latest available version. Download and save it to a USB stick, connect to the usb plug on the back of the gauge, then go to the files menu find the usb select the file and select upload. Follow the prompts from there.

https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=4197

If that doesn’t work then Im afraid there is little else to be done.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I will try this this weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X