Tachometer Warning Lights (DF 115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer Warning Lights (DF 115)

I have a 2016 DF115 on a Carolina Skiff. The motor is running fine and there are no warning beeps however all the warning lights are lit on the tachometer and won’t turn off even when the ignition is turned OFF. When you turn the ignition switch the long startup beep will sometimes come on and sometimes not. The fuel gauge has also randomly stopped working. Someone on Facebook said they had similar issues and fixed it by replacing the tach. I did that but it still didn’t fix the issues. Could it be something in the ignition switch? Bad connection somewhere? Other ideas? I don’t know where else to check.

I suspect that you will need to trace the main wiring harness from the engine to the dash. Sounds like you have damaged wiring/connection plugs issues somewhere along there.

I would start at the tacho end and work backwards, there are connectors to the binnacle controls and plugs there. Check them for broken wires or corrosion in the plugs. Check for damage at any places where the harness goes through bulkheads - eg anywhere it might have rubbed through to create a short.

Comment

Working...
    X