Motor will not piss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor will not piss

Replaced my water pump today, installed correctly, fired it up and still won’t piss. I have the prop in a barrel of water if that matters. I ran a peice of weed water sting back and forth through the tell tail, approximately 2’ in and out!!! Still nothing but I do feel like it’s blowing, air. I flushed the motor for a few minutes and water ran through the motor and piss hole fine while flushing. With motor off!! Crunk it up and still nothing. I couldn’t find my ear muffs cuz I was gonna put those on it and try it with those but I couldn’t. Ima try it tomorrow. Would anyone know if it doesn’t piss in neutral because my understanding, just by looking at how the pump is set up, that it would have to be in gear to pump the water up. Maybe at a certain rpms or after it’s put in gear and ran? Idk. And also if anyone has a cool pack for this motor lemme get it they’re 115 dollars online lol.

You say "still" won't. Guess that means it also didn't before the water pump replacement? It doesn't have to be in gear to pump. It's run by the drive shaft, not the prop shaft. Drive shaft turns whenever the motor runs. Prop shaft turns when you put it in gear. You did put the shaft key in, right?

Cool pack? Are you needing a coil pack?
    Last edited by Harper; 09-02-2021, 10:54 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

If running the engine in a barrel of water, the engine needs to be very deep in the water - level needs to be at least 3” ABOVE THE anti vent plate. Otherwise the water pump doesnt prime itself and wont pump. So get the depth right up high!

You can verify if there are obstructions in the telltale circuit or not by attaching a garden hose to the flushing port and turning it on firmly. DO NOT START THE ENGINE WHEN FLUSHING TNIS WAY! Water should come out of the telltale in a strong stream when its connected this way.

Comment

Where is the anti vent plate. Is there a picture or diagram that shows where the anti vent plat is on a Df140?
        i am having a problem with the tel tail not outputting any thing them get an over heat. If I hook up a flush hose every thing works fine.
        i found if I take the water hose off going from the thermostat on top of the motor to the oil case ever thing works fine. I am assuming I am getting too much exhaust in the cooling system.

Comment

The anti ventilation plate is often mistakenly referred to as the cavitation plate. Its the wide plate on the leg directly above the prop.

Have you tested the thermostat to make sure its opening?

Comment

If your getting water from water hose, you should be getting it from pump. When you installed water pump, did you turn the shaft clockwise to seat the impeller bades inside their cover?

Comment

Working...
            X