DF140 fuel injector issue. 4-3 code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 fuel injector issue. 4-3 code

Hello everyone. My first post here as i thrown everything ive got at this motor and i have to turn to the experts. I have a 2002 DF140. Problem began one morning when i went to start the boat up in my driveway. And it had no power, i was still planning to go out that day so i swapped it out with another battery and fired it up. Engine began to shake and the 4-3 code started flashing. The connections at the battery where super dirty, so i cleaned them up before installed the other battery. I not sure if i left the key on and that drained the battery or if it was the connections. Upon research the code says fuel injector issue. I still checked all cylinders for spark and all for are good. So i dove into the injectors. I pulled each one while she was running and 3 one from the top didnt make a difference. So i pulled that injector and swapped it with the one on top of it, no difference, same injector position not operating, ploblem didnt follow. I put a test light on the plug, no light flickering. The plug has 2 wires, one side 12v which i verified its getting no problem, and the other wire is ground that comes from the ECM. Continuity and resistance check on that wire was good. And i even ran a test wire to double check it, still the injector is not receiving signal from the ECM. So now im thinking i fried the ECM with the low battery voltage. I get the code even with just ignition on and disconnecting the ECM and plugging it back in. Code wont go away. Just the EMC being plugged in the 4-3 flashes at me. Now me being an idiot, i went to ebay and bought the cheapest ECM i could find. $100 LOL. slapped it in and same code, But different injector plug. So now that throws my root cause testing into a loop. Did i buy a fualty ECM that had the same problem as my original? Maybe common issues with these ECMs? Could something else be causing the ECM so not want to fire just one injector driver in the unit? all grounds apear to be good. Im HOPING i got ripped off from ebay and there was a reason the ebay ecm was hundreds cheaper. The ECM part # 33920-92j00. Any suggestions?

I wish I could help you. We drove 2.5 hours to fish Saturday morning. 2019 DF 350A started right up and barely got on plane before the motor started shaking. Went back to the ramp, no codes, nothing on prop. Got home, pulled all the plugs, thermostats and low pressure fuel filter. Everythings looks good, parts will be here this week to replace and see what happens. It was due for its service (150 hours) but I don't like it when its not an obvious issue. Have you checked your engine have an IAC (idle air control)? Those can also the shaking but not sure about the code.

Comment

Firstly check the ECU plug and see if any pins have been bent over, give it a squirt of electrical contact cleaner and if pins are ok start checking continuity! That harness is nearly 20 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber1969 View Post
        I wish I could help you. We drove 2.5 hours to fish Saturday morning. 2019 DF 350A started right up and barely got on plane before the motor started shaking. Went back to the ramp, no codes, nothing on prop. Got home, pulled all the plugs, thermostats and low pressure fuel filter. Everythings looks good, parts will be here this week to replace and see what happens. It was due for its service (150 hours) but I don't like it when its not an obvious issue. Have you checked your engine have an IAC (idle air control)? Those can also the shaking but not sure about the code.
        Please start a new thread on your issues, they aren’t remotely related to this thread. Give it an appropriate title to attract attention and with some luck someone might join in to offer ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by catacom225 View Post
          Firstly check the ECU plug and see if any pins have been bent over, give it a squirt of electrical contact cleaner and if pins are ok start checking continuity! That harness is nearly 20 years old
          Yes the pins are perfectly straight. Continuity is perfect on the wire thats sends the ECM ground signal to injector plug. i even spliced a test wire in its place to rule that out.

Comment

Im having someone scan the motor tomorrow. Ive seen this bizzare issue pop up on here a few times, and then the OP goes ghost. Ill update on the issue

Comment

Working...
            X