oil in exhaust water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil in exhaust water

2002 df 90 losing a large amount of oil in with exhaust water! It does not happen until it gets warm. Fresh rebuild on block. Replaced all the seals in the engine holder, Had the problem before, thought maybe the block was the problem, so I purchased another block and rebuilt it. Still doing the same thing. Any ideas? Thanks

On my DF175 the exhaust travels through a separate passage in the oil pan
    When you had the block off did you notice much corrosion in this passage ?
    I had s slightly different problem with a corrosion hole into the water passage that runs next to the exhaust passage in the oil pan
    Art

Comment

oil in exhaust water

Art, Thanks for your reply! I plan on pulling power head, will check engine holder & oil pan again. Once it warms up it will pump 2-3 qts of engine oil out with the exhaust water coming out thru the prop. Nothing until it warms up!

Comment

that would imply the oil leak is in the head.. when the thermostat opens
        That is an amazing amount of oil
        If you are lucky.. it may be just the head gasket..
        let us know
        Art

Comment

Oil in exhaust water

Took cylinder head to machine shop to be checked! Only thing he found was the mating surface was not flat. Resurfaced head. Back together and running. No oil loss!

Comment

Art, did your hole resemble this?

Art, you mentioned a hole in your engine holder. Was it in the compartment where the bolts mount the holder to the engine? See pic.
            Briscoe
            Attached Files

Comment

your engine is configured different than the 150/175
              but the hole is in the exhaust side
              the oil pan in the 175 has the exhaust port on the port side along with the water jacket
              let me look for a picture
              Arthttp://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/attachments/suzuki-outboard-parts-forum/525d1449344727-2006-df175-overheat-alarm-idle-results-img_0894-1-.jpg
              Last edited by artdf175; 12-16-2017, 03:02 AM. Reason: add photo

Comment

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/a...mg_0894-1-.jpg

this is one of two holes that developed in the oil pan
                the 150/175’s have a fresh water flush port to attach a garden hose to flush the engine
                this is also the water passage - water from the water pump goes through this passage to reach the head
                behind this area is the exhaust passage
                the second hole was more internal between the main passage and the exhaust port on the back of the engine that is a relief type fitting for lack of better discription
                Last edited by artdf175; 12-16-2017, 01:00 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Working...
                X