Suzuki DF90 2005mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF90 2005mod.

Hi all. This is my first post here. Pardon my English (im Norwegian). I have changed the engine holder on my 2005 DF90 due to corrosion. Engine now runs smooth. I talked to the mechanics where i bought the engine holder and they had recently had an engine for repair that overheated. They said that if there is exhaust in the water return (where the thermostat sits) there is an internal leak and the engine block has to be replaced. I checked my engine for this today and ran it dry for some seconds with the thermostat removed and water return hose disconnected and there was exhaust coming out from the hole. I got no overheat issues but i am conserned that my engine is about to get worn out. Anyone here who has good knowledge with these engines who can tell if some exhaust is supposed to go along with the water trough the thermostat and water return hose?

Anyone please?

Comment

Look I havent heard that.

But first, you shouldn’t run an engine “dry” where the water pump is out of the water. If you have done that and run it for more than a minute, then more than likely you will have damaged the impeller.

I suggest that you check that impeller, then put it all back together, and run it on the water for some practical tests. The engine has overheat alarms and inbuilt protection systems, so you will know very quickly if there is an overheating issue. Also, if you have digital gauges you can monitor the temperature in real time too.

Comment

Thank you for The reply. The dry test was just 2-3 seconds to see if there came exhaust out of The thermostat hole with The thermostat out and The Hole open. So my question is basically if there is corroded a Hole between water/exhaust channels due to this exhaust seen out of The Hole or if there is designed a communocation in there.

Comment

Working...
        X