Suzuki DF140 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF140 ECU

I have a Suzuki Df140 2014 , I was running on step recently and started trimming up when the motor died. I immediately could smell burnt electrical and pulled the cowling and had white smoke coming out of the ecu. It actually cracked the ecu plastic. Curious to why my ecu burned up with about 450 hrs on the motor. Also I have found an ecu for a 2018 Df140 and curious if that will work on mine?

This link is for a 2018 ecu, it lists all the other engines it is compatible with, so you can check if its suits your engine yourself.

https://www.boats.net/product/suzuki...585dd2a147ff21

Are you able to give any further background to this engine, any other issues or problems it has been having lately, and any work done on it recently?

The only issue I have heard about causing ecu damage on the 115/140 series engines was a problem with the IAC valve - if your engine has been having issue running smoothly at idle or starting and then stopping etc that might be a pointer.

Otherwise I cant say that I have seen any other reports on this forum of an ecu failing in the way you have described. Not in the last 5 years anyway!

Comment

My 2015 df140 had a recall on the ECU and was replaced about a year after I bought it.
      I would check to see if the recall aplied to your 2014

Comment

Working...
      X