Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Sunder GPS units read engine data on 2005 DF 140's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Sunder GPS units read engine data on 2005 DF 140's ?

Hi everyone
    Im looking at putting new electronics in my boat and im looking for a unit that will read my engine data for the new twin 2007 DF 140's im buying. Apparently they are rigged with NEMA presently.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Rob
    Last edited by OceanArk; 10-14-2021, 03:01 AM.

Most modern displays that have NMEA2000 capability can display engine data, though it is always wise to check the manual to verify that they include engine data pages.

Having said that, because the Suzuki engine interfaces are made by Navico (parent company of Simrad and Lowrance) for Suzuki, their displays are able to do things with Suzuki engines that all others cannot - they can, for example

- configure Suzuki interfaces to set the number of engines, their location, horsepower and year
    - calibrate fuel flow data to fine tune its accuracy and get it within 1% variance to true
    - upload software changes to the interface if required.
    - trouble shoot and fix missing data issues
    - depending on the engine year and interface version, they can also have custom Suzuki engine data pages activated (2016 and newer engines using the Connect Interface cable)

For that reason, I firmly recommend Simrad and Lowrance.

Any Simrad NSS model, any GO series display are fine. All Lowrance HDS models, Elite Ti, Ti2 and FS displays are good, but not the early Elite or Elite Chirp models.

Take good care of the NMEA2000 components that came with your engines. The Suzuki Interface cables that work with 2007 and earlier engines are no longer available and if yours are damaged or fail, they will be very difficult to replace. Without the interface cables, nothing works.

Have a read of the Sticky Thread towards the top of this forums list of topics, see the one I wrote on Suzuki networks, it has a heap of helpful info for you. And explains how to set it up and het it working properly.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 10-14-2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

I have answered your question but for some reason the post is “awaiting approval” by the forum moderators.

Be patient, it should be approved soon.

Comment

It seems the moderators are MIA, so I will repost my earlier reply, hopefully it wont be quarantined as well.

Most modern displays that have NMEA2000 capability can also display engine data, though it is always wise to check the manual to verify that they include engine data pages.

Having said that, because the Suzuki engine interfaces are made by Navico (parent company of Simrad and Lowrance) for Suzuki, their displays are able to do things with Suzuki engines that all others cannot - they can, for example:
        - configure Suzuki interfaces to set the number of engines, their location, horsepower and year
        - calibrate fuel flow data to fine tune its accuracy and get it within 0.25% variance to true (very useful feature)
        - upload software changes to the interface if required.
        - trouble shoot and fix missing data issues (also very useful)
        - depending on the engine year and interface version, they can also have custom Suzuki engine data pages activated (2016 and newer engines using the Connect Interface cable)

For that reason, I firmly recommend Simrad and Lowrance for use with Suzuki engines.

Simrad: Any Simrad NSS model, or any GO series display are fine.

Lowrance: all HDS models, Elite Ti, Ti2 and FS displays are good, but not the early Elite or Elite Chirp models.

Take good care of the NMEA2000 components that came with your engines. The Suzuki Interface cables that work with 2007 and earlier engines are no longer available and if yours are damaged or fail, they will be very difficult to replace. Without the interface cables, nothing works. Zero engine data.

Have a read of the Sticky Thread linked below, it has a heap of helpful info for you. And explains how to set it up and get it working properly.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

Comment

Working...
        X