suzuki DT9.9 backfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki DT9.9 backfire

I have a 1989 or 90 DT9.9 with low hours, it has a backfire through the exhaust when running, it runs good but the backfire slows the engine enough to prevent idling. it will backfire every 2 seconds at slow speeds, engine revs up and it's not so noticeable. it has clean fuel and carb has been cleaned, any ideas where to look

Could be an air leak somewhere. Gaskets from carb to inlet oke? Adjustment from the carb to lean?
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

that sounds like a fuel problem to me. the low speed backfire has been connected with fuel starvation.

since your motor still runs, a heavy saturation with fuel additives with fresh fuel might clear the problem up. I just got my carbed 15 hp running with a long soak and vibration. my low speed jet was plugged.

I read and searched and an enzyme additive was said to be the best for ethanol fuels. I can't say what brand but the bottle looks blue and they had it at oreillys and Walmart. I have been through two bottles and had to soak my carb for 5 days and actually hooked up a vibrator to my carb soaker to undo ten years of no use.

get some carb cleaner in there right now or start wrenching on the carbs.

Comment

This was 2 months ago. I think he solved the problem but forgot to report back
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
        X