Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self Install: 3 spare washers, white wire, honda prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Install: 3 spare washers, white wire, honda prop?

Installing a DF60a myself. Came with nearly no info.
    1. I have a bag of 3 washers (attached) that I don't see where they would go?
    2. Is the bullet connector sealed in plastic (attached) the infamous white wire I see in forum threads saying it needs to go to battery positive?
    3. I have a Solas prop from my prev Honda 50. I can fit the honda prop and all Suzuki hardware on the prop shaft. The only possible concern is the splines stop about halfway thru the brass/bronze washer that goes after the prop (attached). Is that ok? (To my surprise the dealer made it seem like the Honda prop would work. And I couldn't really get a definitive answer from the prop maker.)

Thanks
    Attached Files

Its pretty unlikely that even if that Honda/Solas prop fits correctly, that it will be a suitable dia and pitch for the Suzuki.

Suzukis run a very different gear ratio to other makes and typically run a larger dia and pitch prop. So running a prop on a Suzuki 60 that was matched with a Honda 50 is extremely unlikely to be suitable. Id be amazed if it was.

As to the other questions, if you click on the “buy Suzuki parts” link in the blue bar towards the top of this forum, you can select your engine year and hp (or something close) and get to see parts diagrams that might help you figure out whee things go. I don’t think there was much change in the past few years to the 60A engines.

I heard that Suzuki USA was requiring dealers to install the engines otherwise warranty was compromised …. what is your dealer saying about that??

Comment

The prop maker (solas) told me that the honda version is literally the same prop as the suzuki version, just a different hub.

The dealer said no issue with warranty. It was hard to find one that would let me self install, but i just assumed that's because they want the install fee.

Comment

I should mention I have both an 11 and 12 pitch of the same series prop. So if neither of them hit the right rpm for the suzuki, I will at least have a good idea which pitch in the same prop will.

Comment

I suspect the reason for reluctance is that Suzuki takes a very dim view of dealers not following the terms of their dealership agreement.

Most 60As running on suitable sized power boats (not pontoons) would run a 11.75” dia x 14 or 15” pitch. Something in that range.
          example:
          http://www.suzukimarine.com/Product%...5%20CS%20DF60A

You would want the correct hub kit to suit the Suzuki.

Have you asked the dealer to supply an installation guide/instructions?

Comment

It's a 4 blade prop. So I highly doubt 14 or 15 pitch. The 12 might be right. If not, i'll buy a 13.

Comment

Working...
            X