Throttle and shifter cable hook up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle and shifter cable hook up

Hello. Just purchased and installed a 2017 Suzuki DF9.9B with controls as a kicker motor. Trouble is, there are no install instructions on how to connect the shifter and throttle cables at the engine. The owners manual refers me to a "set-up guide". No set up guide came with the motor. The remote instructions give no info as to engine side hook-up. Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem with a DF25A.
    Not impressed with Suzuki

Comment

I seem to recall that a small setup document was included in the box with the remote control of my DF25A, but to be honest I can't remember. I don't what the 10 HP motor looks like, but on the DF25A, you remove the plastic shroud on the starboard side of the motor with 5-6 screws, and the cable connections are fairly obvious from that point. I think Suzuki is probably assuming you're going to have the motor installed by a dealer.

If you are thinking about connecting an SMIS/NMEA2000 display for tach & fuel readout, etc, you should consider buying the "adapter cable" and installing it at the same time you install the shift & throttle cables. I didn't think about that, and ended up opening my engine again later to install the SMIS cable. The SMIS cable routes through the same rubber bushing as the shift & throttle cables.

Comment

From page 45 you can find the setup of the 9.9 and 15

http://www.mdmotors.ru/netcat_files/..._motorov_2.pdf
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

DF9.9B_15A_20A_SETUP_89L01-01E_2013.pdf
          the setup manual

Comment

Working...
          X