Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF30 - Running a bilge pump without a battery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF30 - Running a bilge pump without a battery??

Hi there, I am looking to maybe buy a DF30 pull start motor. Being batteryless, I was hoping to keep the boat without a battery. The only thing that I might need on the boat is a bilge pump. My question is, can you run a bilge pump straight from the motor with a manual switch, or will this damage the motor? And I'd imagine that you would probably have to limit the bilge pump size to under 7a half the rated 14a of the motor? Yes, the obvious thing is just use a bucket, but the boat I'm looking at with a rear casting deck might make the bucket option impractical. Would the bilge pump without a battery work without damaging the motor or the bilge pump? Thanks.

The motor probably has no alternator to get 12 v from. You can get 12v battery's much smaller than car sized ones on Amazon.

Comment

Manual bilge pump probably a better option if you dont want to carry a battery.

You dont want to be unable to pump water out if the engine fails!

Comment

To answer your question, yes it will work so long as the current draw of the pump is lower than the rated output of the motor rectifier. Most small engines have rectifies that put out around 6 amps which should be heaps to run a small bulge pump. Of course the pump would only work when the engine is running.

Comment

Working...
        X