Suzuki 70 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 70 4 stroke

Stuck with diagnosing a power fault on a friend's boat.
    Suzuki 70hp, 4 stroke.
    Engine was running in forward gear until the throttle was opened up. Immediate engine shut down and I have no power to the engine lift via both the remote switch and the one on the engine.
    There is no beep codes or any sign of power to the ecu or ignition system. Hotwire to the starter motor does turn it over.
    There is still 14v at the engine, but it looks like a total shutdown or broken wire.
    Is there any fuses that I should be looking at on the engine?
    I'm not familiar with outboards so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Suzukis have a separate wire that provides power to the ecu. Without it, nothing happens, so it sounds probable that the problem lies there.

Its widely referred to as “the white wire”

See the sticky thread at the top of this forum for detailed information.

The first place to check anyway, is where the white wire is connected - to either the start battery + post or to the battery switch. There should be a fuse holder nearby, so find the wire and the fuse holder and check the condition of the wire (look for corrosion at the connector, inside the fuse holder, the fuse itself and if the wire itself shows signs of corrosion or damage.

If in any doubt about internal corrosion in this wire, cut the connector off close to where it connects to power and look at the condition of the copper wire inside. You can, if necessary, replace the wire with quality tinned marine wire of the same gauge.

Comment

Thank you very much, I'll get back to the boat in a couple of days its some distance away from me and I will attempt to locate the white wire.

Comment

Working...
      X