115 4 stroke bogging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 4 stroke bogging down

Help! I have 115 4 stroke which I have had for 10 years. Engine has been flawless. Recently started to bog down if I accelerate over 3,000rpms. Changed fuel lines, primer ball, fuelwater separator still same issue. Looking for input? Thanks

Wada Sounds like its I limp or saftey mode, fail safe mode prevents the engine from reving past 3000RPM, Turn the key on and and check the see if there are any flashing lights in any secqence

Comment

Fair chance that the neutral throttle switch on the engine (linkages) has moved or is broken. Engine still thinks it is in neutral so wont rev past 3000rpm.

Check and if necessary reolace the switch. Not expensive you will find it in the "Purchase Suzuki parts" link in red at the top of this forum.

Comment

neutral safety switch

Kept thinking fuel related but will check out swith, thanks mate!

Comment

If it isn't the neutral switch I would look at the vst tank. Could be trash or goo causing problems. Mine had trash in the vst clogging up the little white filter screen.
          2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

DF 200 also bogging down

Have a 2008 DF200 also bogging down after running for 5-10 minutes and getting warm but on only happens once I get in the 3000+ RPM range, I can run great to 4500-5000 for a minute or two and then is starts dropping and recovering and dropping and recovering, I removes the whole VST and fuel pumps assembly and had a mechanic check low and high pressure fuel pumps and VST tank screen and have changed all filters and even had full tank cleaned all to no avail, its getting fuel, Anyone have an clues? Heard they have temperamental issues if ground and power is not perfect-could this be the next step! IF th neutral throttle switch was bad would it not throw a fault light?? anyone

Comment

Working...
            X