2009 df200 maxes out at 3500 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 df200 maxes out at 3500 rpm

I have a 2009 Suzuki DF 200 that has just started maxing out at 3500 RPM. I was running with no issues, came out of a no wake zone and went to accelerate and it felt like I was dragging some thing. Cut the motor off, checked the prop, and then got back underway with no issues. The next time I turned it off and restarted it wouldn’t get over 3500. This stayed the same so I did a little research. I came across the oil reset recommendation and it fixed it instantly but once I turned the motor off it did it again. The reset works every time but obviously there is an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The neutral throttle switch on the engine may be failing or loose. If the engine ecu doesnt see the signal from the switch that indicates the engine is in gear, it prevents the engine revving past about 3000rpm. Sometimes shifting the engine in and out of gear can make it work again temporarily

So it is possible that this is what is happening.

The switch is on the gear linkages on the starboard side of the engine. So you can check it there. If you decide to replace it, its not too difficult. You can find the part using the “Buy Suzuki Parts” link in the blue bar near the top of this forum and selecting your engine from the menu.

Comment

Something else to check is wiring
      I had a problem with corrosion in a splice /butt end connector on theWhite Wire and MY engine would not go above 4000 RPM
      THE ecm needs full voltage and if not does sometimes strange things

Comment

I have been looking for the part and the only thing close I can find is the SWITCH ASSY, TILT LIMIT

37722-93J00

Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcamp View Post
          I have been looking for the part and the only thing close I can find is the SWITCH ASSY, TILT LIMIT

37722-93J00

Is that right?
          No.

Its this one.
          https://www.boats.net/product/suzuki...f68b335c161c67

As I said, it MAY be an issue with that switch.

It limits rpm in neutral to about 3000rpm, and you saying yours runs to 3500rpm is a bit at odds with that.

Are you seeing any fault codes or flashing lights on the tacho? If so, what is the flashing pattern?

Comment

No lights or fault codes which I thought was weird.

Comment

Working...
            X