Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost my fuel used and fuel economy

Hi all,

I've got twin 2017 DF250's with C10 gauges. It appears to have just happened randomly or after I may have messed with the settings but my C10 gauges are not showing any additional fuel used. It stopped at 178 gallons.

The next time i used my boat I lost the fuel economy info which was being sent to my Furuno TZTouch2' screens. I also lost my rpm's on the C10 gauges but was able to get those back when I changed a setting to read from the Suzuki 250's (I don't recall exactly what the setting is called).

I did play with the C10 gauges at some point and appears to have been when this all started. This was all setup my my boat manufacturer so it's a little confusing for me to try to remedy.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting fuel usage and fuel economy back?

Thanks for any help.

Nick

Hi Nick

Sometimes when things get added of changed, the network can get confused.

Try this - it often (but not always) sorts out these kinds of problems.

Turn everything that is attached to the network on. You mentioned a Furuno is attached and shows engine data, so make sure its turned on. And, turn both engine keys on to where they beep, but the engines dont need to be running.

Now, in one of the C-10 gauges, go into the menu, network, device list. There should then be an option to "auto-select data sources" or "auto-detect". Select that option and do it. It may warn you that all data sources will be reset, so yes, thats what you want to do, so complete that process.

Then exit out, and go and check all those things that were missing and see what's there. Fingers crossed, shpuld be good.

Let us know how you go.

If it works, file this procedure in your memory banks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Hi Nick

Sometimes when things get added of changed, the network can get confused.

Try this - it often (but not always) sorts out these kinds of problems.

Turn everything that is attached to the network on. You mentioned a Furuno is attached and shows engine data, so make sure its turned on. And, turn both engine keys on to where they beep, but the engines dont need to be running.

Now, in one of the C-10 gauges, go into the menu, network, device list. There should then be an option to "auto-select data sources" or "auto-detect". Select that option and do it. It may warn you that all data sources will be reset, so yes, thats what you want to do, so complete that process.

Then exit out, and go and check all those things that were missing and see what's there. Fingers crossed, shpuld be good.

Let us know how you go.

If it works, file this procedure in your memory banks!!
      Thank you Moonlighter. I will try that and report back.

Comment

So I tried to do the auto detect on the network with key on but engines off. Turned on both Furuno TZTouch2's, the transducer, Vhf, radio, but this did not get my fuel economy back or fuel used.

Now that I think about it, I did not have my radar on as we were at the dock. Maybe that's why. I'll have to try with the radar in too.

Comment

Went down to the boat today and the device list on my C10 gauge only shows the port engine and port engine interface. Could this be the reason I lost my fuel economy and fuel used?

Comment

Here's a few pics.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nick, its really hard to solve these kinds of problems without being there and seeing things in person.

Some thoughts:

1. Engine keys both need to be turned on for both engines to appear on device list. So verify that first.

2. Check the boat setup, in case somehow it got messed it up. It needs to be set as 2 engines and 2 tanks (ifnthat is what you have). If its been messed up or the setting has been lost, then it typically only "sees" the port engine.

3. Then check the basic things, like the physical connections behind the dash. The white plugs where the interface cables plug into the engine harness behind the dash should be checked, especially the starboard engine if its turned on but still not showing on the device list.

Those plugs need to be plugged together FIRMLY. Unplug, and check the wires where they go into the back of the plugs, make sure they are not loose or broken. Look at the pins inside the plugs, they should all be evenly placed and depth should also be the same for each pin - if they are not all identical, one pin may not be seated properly - they push in from the back and click into place. Tiny tab accessed from pin side of plug can be lifted up with a tiny screwdriver to allow the pin to be pulled out from rear. Can then be fixed if wires loose and pushed back in till they click into place.

Also check the connections to the T pieces. Make sure all are tight.

If still no luck, occasionally we come across a bad network T piece. So if the star engine is still not on device list, maybe its T piece is dodgy, swap it to a different T piece (try to power T piece instead) and see how that goes.

Failing all that, then I think its a job for your dealer to look at, or, at least to talk you through some checks over the phone while you are in the boat to follow instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                Nick, its really hard to solve these kinds of problems without being there and seeing things in person.

Some thoughts:

1. Engine keys both need to be turned on for both engines to appear on device list. So verify that first.

2. Check the boat setup, in case somehow it got messed it up. It needs to be set as 2 engines and 2 tanks (ifnthat is what you have). If its been messed up or the setting has been lost, then it typically only "sees" the port engine.

3. Then check the basic things, like the physical connections behind the dash. The white plugs where the interface cables plug into the engine harness behind the dash should be checked, especially the starboard engine if its turned on but still not showing on the device list.

Those plugs need to be plugged together FIRMLY. Unplug, and check the wires where they go into the back of the plugs, make sure they are not loose or broken. Look at the pins inside the plugs, they should all be evenly placed and depth should also be the same for each pin - if they are not all identical, one pin may not be seated properly - they push in from the back and click into place. Tiny tab accessed from pin side of plug can be lifted up with a tiny screwdriver to allow the pin to be pulled out from rear. Can then be fixed if wires loose and pushed back in till they click into place.

Also check the connections to the T pieces. Make sure all are tight.

If still no luck, occasionally we come across a bad network T piece. So if the star engine is still not on device list, maybe its T piece is dodgy, swap it to a different T piece (try to power T piece instead) and see how that goes.

Failing all that, then I think its a job for your dealer to look at, or, at least to talk you through some checks over the phone while you are in the boat to follow instructions.
                Thanks Moonlighter. I only have one key for both engines I guess since it's a 2017. It does show 2 engines in the installation section. I only have one tank.

The boat builder is going to walk me through it to try to figure it out.

I'll report back. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X