No announcement yet.

2013 DF140 engine skipping during acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the new SS prop is gripping really well, you could try lifting the motor one hole, because porpoising is often due to an engine set too deep.

Comment

Originally posted by dlnw98 View Post
      Did you ever have the throttle body and/or the ECU replaced on your engine under warranty? My 2013 DF140a experienced a similar stalling when it was returned to neutral idle, and the mid-range RPM surge as you describe. This occurred even when the engine was near-new

I did not have a check engine light or any miss (skip)

A new ECU and throttle body under warranty solved the problem.
      ECU and Throttle body are finally getting replaced. The engine will not crank unless you throttle it up. IAC never opens and there are no codes present. I hope this fixes my mid range skip as well. I mentioned this to the dealer a year ago and they knew nothing about this being an issue with this year model.

Comment

2013 df140 Suzuki: trolling around lake... turned off engine for a few minutes. Motor would not start.. this problem started with a new df140. Under warranty... still cannot fix. Note: temperature was high80’s — 90’s Help thanks

Comment

Originally posted by voltcheck View Post
          2013 df140 Suzuki: trolling around lake... turned off engine for a few minutes. Motor would not start.. this problem started with a new df140. Under warranty... still cannot fix. Note: temperature was high80’s — 90’s Help thanks
          Please start your own thread and state your problem. This has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Simply go to the upper left hand corner of the forum page and click on the blue box tha says "+New Topic"
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by coldfoot View Post
            02 Sensor 3-6 Code WARRANTY UPDATE

General Electrical No 16

Model Affected engines DF115A/1140A, 250AP/300AP
            519999 and earlier engine numbers

On the models listed above, under certain operating conditions the heated oxygen sensor may trigger a 3-6 warning to the operator and store the
            diagnostic trouble code in the Engine Control Module(ECM).

If you have a unit in your shop that displays a 3-6 code order a replacement
            heated oxygen sensor, and holder using part numbers listed below.

1 remove the original heated oxygen sensor.

2 Install the holder with sealing washer in the location of the original heated
            oxygen sensor.

3 Thread the new heated oxygen sensor into adapter.
            connect the sensor lead wire.

4 file a warranty claim for the repair

Parts information
            18213-98J20 Oxygen Sensor
            99103-94431 Sensor Holder

Model Failed Part # Replacement Part#
            DF115A/140A 18213-98J10 18213-98J20
            DF250AP/300AP 99103-94431
            Could you please be so kind and help me in this matter. I am getting an error code for the O2 sensor. Model number is the one you mentioned ie 18213-98J20. Does it have to be replaced with 18213-98J30? Outboard is still under warranty and sensor was changed already but it seems i got the same model (18213-98J20)as issue arose again. Thanks and appreciate if you could help.

Comment

Originally posted by coldfoot View Post
              02 Sensor 3-6 Code WARRANTY UPDATE

General Electrical No 16

Model Affected engines DF115A/1140A, 250AP/300AP
              519999 and earlier engine numbers

On the models listed above, under certain operating conditions the heated oxygen sensor may trigger a 3-6 warning to the operator and store the
              diagnostic trouble code in the Engine Control Module(ECM).

If you have a unit in your shop that displays a 3-6 code order a replacement
              heated oxygen sensor, and holder using part numbers listed below.

1 remove the original heated oxygen sensor.

2 Install the holder with sealing washer in the location of the original heated
              oxygen sensor.

3 Thread the new heated oxygen sensor into adapter.
              connect the sensor lead wire.

4 file a warranty claim for the repair

Parts information
              18213-98J20 Oxygen Sensor
              99103-94431 Sensor Holder

Model Failed Part # Replacement Part#
              DF115A/140A 18213-98J10 18213-98J20
              DF250AP/300AP 99103-94431

If your motor is out of warranty, does Suzuki still cover this?

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Macfolk View Post

If your motor is out of warranty, does Suzuki still cover this?

Thanks,

Jason
                There is only one way to find out - talk to your local Suzuki dealer.

Let them know that you are aware that there is a service bulletin out about this and ask that they carry out the replacement free of charge, as its a well known design fault.

It will depend on how your countries Suzuki distributor deals with this type of issue, and it will depend on your countries product warranty laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post

There is only one way to find out - talk to your local Suzuki dealer.

Let them know that you are aware that there is a service bulletin out about this and ask that they carry out the replacement free of charge, as its a well known design fault.

It will depend on how your countries Suzuki distributor deals with this type of issue, and it will depend on your countries product warranty laws.
                  Thank you. I am trying to find a 14mm slotted socket tool now to remove the old sensor and install the new part. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X