2022 250AP DBW setup with SMG4 gauges ISSUES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 250AP DBW setup with SMG4 gauges ISSUES

Hello there. It's amazing at how much you know about this stuff. I'm hoping g you would be able to guide me through a issue I'm having. I have a 2 smg4 screens with 2 2022 dbw 250ap engines. Everything was installed by a "dealer" but the gauges do not work. They will power up but not show rpm, voltage or any other data from the engine. The engines run great, and shift correctly with the dbw. When I go into the menu to select the position and engines, it will show me the correct serial number for the engine. When I go into the device list, nothing shows but unknown. I can't seem to find where the engine is actually hooked up to the gauge main wire that runs from the gauges all the way back to the stern. Is there a harness that is required to be ran through the stuffing tube? Maybe 1 side being a sds female and the other side a idk? There are some plugs near the stern to plug harnesses into but I'm not sure now. Dealer is no help whatsoever. Also on the 2022 I can't find any other plug than the grey 4 wire sds digital gauge plug. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

This is the only sds plug I could find. I feel that a harness or cable needs to be plugged into it ND either ran to the stern harness or all thr way up the dash somewhere.
    Attached Files

Comment

After calling around to a few different dealers, it appears that with the 2022 year model and DBW you need a special harness and they are on back order for who knows how long. 36667-96L40 can tell me if there is a work around this or am I stuck?

Comment

Check availability here, you will have to sign in

https://www.boats.net/product/suzuki/36667-96L40

Comment

OK so I have the new harness in hand but cand find any diagrams or schematics on where on the harnesses this will connect? 16416772130256778205105820924603.jpg

Comment

If anyone has any input or advice, thanks.

Comment

The best I can do for you is this SMG4 installation manual, it has wiring diagrams for the various engine hp and models.

Hope this helps.

Is there any reason why the “dealer” that installed your engines cannot install this harness and thus rectify the problem they left you with?? I wouldn’t be paying them a cent to do it though…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2fa08g7nw...glish.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Thank you for the manual, as far as the dealer goes, they gave up on the fix and haven't returned. I got some information from another group and wanted to specifically ask you if you think it could be a software compatibility issue? I have been reading about some of the smg4 gauges having issues with the newer engines. I am at a complete loss right now, the gauges will power up, and show the serial number for correct engine when I select the numbers of engines but beyond that, the gauges don't show which gear its in, engine hours, or rpms????? I am not trying to use a different display and don't care about speed or anything else with thr network. I just need to read engine hours and rpms. Thank you for all the help.
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you confirm that you have followed ALL of the installation steps as per the manual? Its important that this installation not be a “half done” job, as that will cause issues. Need to be methodical and take it step by step.

Im not hearing about SMG4 issues communicating with newer engines.

I may be able to make some inquiries with my Suzuki contacts later this week. Meantime, go back, check the wiring setup as per that manual, then follow the installation steps as relevant to your engines.

Also, the engines need to be initialised using the SDS software - can you confirm that this has been done by the selling dealer? They wont play unless its been done.

I guess these issues highlight why its best to have these engines and gauges installed by a properly trained and experienced Suzuki dealer.

Comment

I don't think you need that cable, this is from the 2021 "setup guide". This looks a bit different to prior versions, for example only 1 gauge has a N2K cable attached.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by FirstTimeSuzuki; 01-15-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                      Can you confirm that you have followed ALL of the installation steps as per the manual? Its important that this installation not be a “half done” job, as that will cause issues. Need to be methodical and take it step by step.

Im not hearing about SMG4 issues communicating with newer engines.

I may be able to make some inquiries with my Suzuki contacts later this week. Meantime, go back, check the wiring setup as per that manual, then follow the installation steps as relevant to your engines.

Also, the engines need to be initialised using the SDS software - can you confirm that this has been done by the selling dealer? They wont play unless its been done.

I guess these issues highlight why its best to have these engines and gauges installed by a properly trained and experienced Suzuki dealer.
                      I cannot state whether or not this step has been completed or not. Yes there are alot of issues that could have been avoided but we are where we are and it's not going to fix itself. We have continued to call around and get some service but to no availability. I will make some phone calls today and see what else I can figure out. It can either be the instance setting or that the software in the smg4 gauge needs to be updated. It currently has version 2.0 and I received some information that I may need 3.0 or 3.5 software in the SMG4 gauge.

Comment

What is your engine SN, the wiring is a bit different with 2022 models. Suzuki Setup Guide.jpg

Comment

25003p - 240097

Comment

Originally posted by Jenfinger7 View Post
                            25003p - 240097
                            See post 10 above...

Comment

Working...
                            X