Multifunction display after battery recharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction display after battery recharge

Hi, first time poster, new to forum, hoping someone can assist. I have a 2021 DF300 Outboard, and the battery ran down over a period this winter. It was recharged up and the motor runs fine, it seems, but the multi-function guage is not showing anything. No RPMs, not the hours, not the battery charge, etc that I'm used to seeing. I downloaded the multi-function device manual and see no information about how to troubleshoot there. In the one motoring display, a bunch of warning icons have come on in small at the top - battery, motor, gas, oil - caution - looks like them all - see pic below. But no actual alarms have sounded. I'm thinking it's just a reset that needs to be performed after recharging the battery, but like i said, no details in the manual. Thoughts?Resized pictures - 1.jpg

Couple of possibilities…

The network may have lost settings.

With engine key on, in the gauge menu, select system/network/devices, scroll down and see if the Suzuki is listed. If it is, select configure and make sure the engine location is set as Centre. if not, use tye dropdown so its set correctly. Dont try to change the year or hp settings!!

Then go back to the network menu and select the Suzuki again, you should see an option to select Data. Select that. If there is a list of all the expected engine and fuel data, thats good. In that case, go back to network menu and select Sources, then select the option to Auto select sources, it will pop up some warnings and yes you do want to do it. Try that and see if the engine data is now appearing on the gauge.

The gauge manual also tells you how to reset the gauge.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter, you nailed it step by step. Appreciate that! I didn't see anything about this lost settings in the manual, I will check again. But thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
      X