2015 DF 250APX knock sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 DF 250APX knock sound

Hello, im about to buy this engine, it is a 2015 DF 250APX 1600 Hours that have this knocking noise, the engine have full power and no warnings, i checked it today and it is a slack in one cyllinder when you hold the piston inside cyllinder, so one of 2 things, con rod bearing or piston pin, the sound is for me leaning to piston pin or what do you guys think, if it is the rod bearing and i need to replace the crank, then it will be expansive, about 4500Us because of taxes in Sweden and so on, this price is with Crank, 6 new rods, piston rings, new bearings, new timing chain, gaskets and so on, but one thing is nagging me, the engine has 1600hours on it, is this relly big numbers or?, i wonder how many hours they will go, is it worth it to fix it, its fun to of course, my hobby to fix engines.?
    im from Sweden so my english maby not perfekt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFTkhYtx7I&t=14s

expected lifetime hours of these engines are 2000-3000 hours. Most people repower before 2000. Highly recommend you do not buy that engine!

Comment

Make possible to see photo now?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Doggydoggen; 01-24-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbassoutdoors View Post
        expected lifetime hours of these engines are 2000-3000 hours. Most people repower before 2000. Highly recommend you do not buy that engine!
        yes you are probably correct, but if i overhaul everything, new pistons, ring bearings, chains, if i can grind the crank to under spec 0.25 for new surface, also lapp valves, check guides, new seals and so on, it will be kind of a new engine?

Comment

Working...
        X