Suzuki DF15A. S.No 01504F-042650. 15Hp. New 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF15A. S.No 01504F-042650. 15Hp. New 2020

This engine was bought new, properly run in and serviced by Suzuki agents in line with manufacturers requirements. The engine was and is flushed with a full engine flush at the end of every outing. Within months of first acquiring the engine it developed a fault. The red warning lamp would flash and the engine would switch to limp mode.The fault was investigated by an engineer from the Suzuki agent, the ECU had logged 16 overheat alerts. Normal checks were made for water pump function. Thermostat removed and the visible coolant galleries inspected, no trace of deposits or obstruction could be found. The engine then tested and again similar fault occurred with overheat warning and limp mode.The engineer from the Suzuki agent then re-examined the engine stating that he had encountered a similar fault on another engine. This had been rectified by making a 2 mm hole in the thermostat diaphragm valve. The modification was then made to the above engine and the fault seem to disappear. The problem is that in modifying the Thermostat Suzuki claim that this may invalidate certain aspects of the engine, which is reasonable.Numerous representations have been made to Suzuki who in turn have suggested this is not a warranty issue, is caused by contamination and that both the engineer from the Suzuki agent and I the end user ( with a great deal of engine experience) effectively don't know what we are talking about.The initial contact from a Suzuki engineer was both unhelpful and to be fair rather condescending. I am still after another email and another two telephone conversations with Suzuki customer care no further forward. As things stand we have an essentially new engine that will not operate correctly unless modified from standard. By definition the engine has a substantially impaired warranty. I have a bill from the Agent for exploratory work and no possibility at this stage that Suzuki will entertain further investigation in compliance with warranty and consumer law. I would be grateful therefore if Suzuki would take their responsibility as a world leading supplier of marine engines seriously. This is after all critical, potentially life dependent equipment.

This forum isnt run or owned by Suzuki, and they dont have a sales or technical presence here.

So nothing to be gained in that regard by posting the complaint here.

In most countries Suzuki will have technical experts that regularly travel to dealers or are available to do so to help with difficult issues that dealers staff cant resolve.

Sometimes there is no substitute for seeing something in person, apart from anything else, the installation of an engine on a boat can impact on stuff including operating temperatures, as can the conditions that it is used in. So the complete picture is only able to be seen in person.

Especially if codes are being recorded but you are not seeing or hearing any warming buzzers??

I would be asking for a Suzuki head office or regional technical rep to visit to inspect the whole setup. Dealer should be responsible for organising that.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Yes we are getting flashing red warning light and a buzzer each time the engine goes into limp mode. Suzuki have dismissed sending a regional rep or engineer to inspect the set up.
      I am sorry this sounds like a complaint and indeed understand why it reads as such, I am looking for advice as to what may be the cause of this problem. I don't suppose this is an isolated case and would be interested to hear about resolutions to the issue from others that have had to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
      X