Connecting '06 DF 250 to Raymarine a128

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting '06 DF 250 to Raymarine a128

Called Raymarine, no help. Figured I'd try here. I'm trying to connect the engine to the mfd to get engine data at a touch of the screen. I have the SMIS (not working) still in the console, if that helps. Not sure if there is any hardware I can salvage.

Ok, you need to tell me the whole story here so I can try to help.

Is this boat new to you, or are you familiar with it?

So, I gather there is already a SMIS display on the dash.

Was it working in the past? What is it doing now?

Was any work done on the enginebefore the SMIS stopped working??

The SMIS display is, to a large extent, just a display to show data from the engine. Which means that there is a fair chance if it is not working, that the gauge itself may not be the problem - the problem may be in the network, or the interface cable may have failed.

So please provide answers to the questions baove and as much info as possible, this will help us diagnose the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Ok, you need to tell me the whole story here so I can try to help.

Is this boat new to you, or are you familiar with it?

So, I gather there is already a SMIS display on the dash.

Was it working in the past? What is it doing now?

Was any work done on the enginebefore the SMIS stopped working??

The SMIS display is, to a large extent, just a display to show data from the engine. Which means that there is a fair chance if it is not working, that the gauge itself may not be the problem - the problem may be in the network, or the interface cable may have failed.

So please provide answers to the questions baove and as much info as possible, this will help us diagnose the issue.
      I've had the boat for 5 years. Yes, the SMIS is still in the dash, but hasn't worked for a while. It started blinking with dash's everywhere and then quit. It doesn't display anything now. No work, other than routine stuff on the engine.
      I was thinking that since it just displayed engine data, which is what the mfd will do, there should be something in place that may be of use.

Comment

Working...
      X