Lower water tube bushing on my 175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower water tube bushing on my 175

THe water pickup tube in the midsection has a lower bushing on it. 17563-93j00. Is this bushing supposed go into the water
    pump housing bushing or does it just barely touch/ insert into that bushing? REason I"m asking is.....when
    I changed my impeller recently, including the housing.... I saw that it was missing. I looked up the mid section
    and it wasn't there. Someone before me might of neglected it and it appears that it was never put back.
    I want to make sure I"m not forcing anything and trying to solve one bushing into another.
    But in the diagrams for my year tx 2013 175....that bushing is shown.number 9 bushing.jpg

There's definitely supposed to be a bushing there. My DF150, same motor, different tune, has the bushing. I've checked it every time I've serviced the water pump. I'm assuming your last words "solve one bushing into another" was a spell-check error, and you meant shove one bushing into another? You wouldn't do that. If a bushing were there already, you'd know it. It's a fairly substantial rubber bushing.

Edit ..... then again, In looking at the diagram, I see you mean there are two bushings. I really don't recall the one on the tube itself. it's the one in the pump that I always checked. But I'm relatively sure that the one on the tube is supposed to be there. I think if you spend the few dollars and put one on, you'll know right away if it should be there.
    Last edited by Harper; 02-18-2022, 03:24 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I see a gentleman named Harper replied, but I'm not seeing the posting. This forum is weird.

HI Harper,

For some reason I can't see your post on the forum, but my email notification tells and show me you replied. Anyway thank you so much for replying. I put the bushing and put some teflon grease around it and the bushing that goes in the housing. Before I put it up...I did some measurements and saw there was 1/8 of an inch from where the lower bushing flange/lip is and the top of the housing bushing. I slid it up and it went in. I felt a little resistance , but nothing crazy. Just one bushing sitting into another. feel much better now knowing there are no leaks down there and full pressure is being pushed up.
      thank you so much.

Sincerely,
      J

Comment

Howdy! The forum is kinda nutty sometimes. If I edit more than twice, it looks at it as SPAM for some reason and it has to be approved by a moderator before it shows up.(Who knows how long that'll take?) I just ried to private message you, but you're too new to receive PMs (yet another silly rule) And of course, you've figured out by now that both go there. Anyway, here's what I wrote is response to your posting. Welcome aboard, by the way.

There's definitely supposed to be a bushing there. My DF150, same motor, different tune, has the bushing. I've checked it every time I've serviced the water pump. I'm assuming your last words "solve one bushing into another" was a spell-check error, and you meant shove one bushing into another? You wouldn't do that. If a bushing were there already, you'd know it. It's a fairly substantial rubber bushing.

Edit ..... then again, In looking at the diagram, I see you mean there are two bushings. I really don't recall the one on the tube itself. it's the one in the pump that I always checked. But I'm relatively sure that the one on the tube is supposed to be there. I think if you spend the few dollars and put one on, you'll know right away if it should be there.

Mike
        Last edited by Harper; 02-18-2022, 09:49 PM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
        X