alarm code clearing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm code clearing question

I recently experienced an alarm code from my 2020 Suzuki DF200atx2 outboard motor. It is connected to a Suzuki smg4 multi function display (MFD). At the time it happened I didn't see any caution message appear on the MFD but could have missed it if it appears and then goes away...Anyway, I went back and looked at the MFD after my trip and saw no codes appear in the code screen. see photo. I then saw a reference to Suzuki Mobil and realised that was an ap, I downloaded the ap from apple store and went into the log data and processed the log data and received the three IRQ screens which the ap/camera on my iphone read and delivered a warning code readout showing hours since oil change: 40 Hr. I assume that means it needs an oil change???

So my questions are

1. the service interval for oil change says 80 hrs, yet this shows operation since oil change 40hrs? any idea why it alarmed at 40hrs and not 80hrs?
    2. if it did come on early, is this a setting and was it incorrectly set for 40 hrs?
    3. maybe that's one of the "initial" settings described in the manual that the dealer originally sets when installing?
    4. do I need to clear this code somehow so when I go back out it won't alarm again?
    5. How do I reset so that when the next oil change interval goes by it comes on again? or does it automatically reset somehow when I change the oil?
    mfg AP pic2.PNG

mfg code pic2.jpg
    Attached Files

Hours since oil change is simply that - the number of engine running hours since the last oil change. Or more precisely, since the oil change reminder was last reset.

Oil changes are due every 100 hrs (unless there has been a change to 80 hrs in the latest engines ??? Your Service manual will show the correct figure) after the first one at 20 hours. So no, yours isn’t due for an oil change yet, another 60 hrs before due.

I might add that you should change it/service the engine at every 100hrs or 12 months, whichever comes first.

Fault codes on the gauge clear themselves when the fault no longer exists. Eg an over-rev will clear when its no longer happening. Usually though there is a record retained in the ecu log.

Last edited by Moonlighter; 02-19-2022, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X