Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF70 Running issue. Cylinder temp sensor not reading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70 Running issue. Cylinder temp sensor not reading.

2001 Suzuki DF70

Issue:
    Engine stutters from idle coming off detent. There are no current fault codes however when running engine on sds the cylinder temp sensor does not read properly.

Facts:
    Compression, spark, fuel are good.
    Engine idles perfect.
    Once past the stutter engine will rev smooth through rpm range without problem.
    Cylinder temp sensor reads 70-80 degrees fahrenheit. Does not fluctuate from that reading.
    If you unplug temp sensor sds shows 141 degrees, plug it back in while running and it drops right back down to the 70-80 range. If you try to rev the engine with it unplugged it just dies. Still idles fine though.
    I have installed a new cyl temp sensor as well as bench tested both the old and new. Both are good.
    I checked the power head harness with no faults as well as installed a new one.
    I have tried an ecu from another DF70 of the same year range with no change in running condition or cyl temp sensor readings.

I need a fresh set of eyes on this. I fear that I am starting to over complicate this in my head. I fear I am overlooking something simple.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
Working...
X