Idle Control Valve issues df 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Control Valve issues df 150

Replaced Idle control valve for third time. Engine DF 150TX 2014. Engine won't idle when starting. If I increase throttle will run. Anyone having same issues or have a clue to why. Mechanic says he doesn't see any error on computer .

Power getting to the IAC Valve?

Comment

have you checked you fuel system?
      do you have to pump the fuel bulb?
      checked the small inline fuel filter for air bubbles when you do get the engine running?
      couple of thoughts
      Art

Comment

Does the problem manifest only when you first start it? When you've had it running for a few minutes, will it idle then? Can you explain exactly what happens when you start the motor? For instance, does it surge and die, or does it run rough for a few seconds and die? Tell us the symptoms upon starting and dying.
        Last edited by Harper; 03-03-2022, 10:16 AM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Does the problem occur on both cold start and warm start?
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

At start engine will surge then stall. Happens cold or hot. Also stalled out as I idled back to dock.

Comment

Not sure how to reply directly to post

Comment

All right. I don't think it's your IAC at all. At first, I thought that with mine, too. Do this. Put a charger on your start battery. Make sure it's fully charged the next time you start the engine. Also make sure all the battery terminals are clean, free of any corrosion, and the cables and terminals are in good shape. The surge/die is the exact symptom I had until I did as I've suggested to you. After doing that, I changed my dual battery setup from what the dealer had done. I also added an onboard dual battery charger, and keep it plugged in while the boat is stored on the trailer. You might not think your battery charge is low, but your Suzuki might disagree. It's very voltage sensitive. It was 13 years ago that I faced the same situation. I've not had a single start issue since.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Interesting.
                  I did have a bad battery that I replaced after the IAC was changed. My fingers are crossed. Thank You, will let you know how it works out.

Comment

Working...
                  X