New Suzuki DF 300 owner need some tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Suzuki DF 300 owner need some tips

Switching over form a set of 300 Verados (worse motors I have ever seen or owned hands down) to a new set of Suzuki 300. What kind of oil are you guys running, have you find filters (other then oem) that work? what spare parts should I have" what lower gear case fluid are you running? I run a charter so they will see 600 hours a year or so.....I am so excited to get away from Verado!

where is best place to buy a spare lower unit?
    should I stock 02 sensors? starter? alternator?....I had to keep all this stuff around for Mercury so I am very gun shy!

any gas additives I need?

Mark
    welcome to the forum
    you might know me be the "Right Stuff"
    first and most important - follow the break on period. there are no shortcuts
    oil Quicksilver 10w-30. and Quicksilver 90 gear
    I think there are plus and minus on synthetic but you will be changing oil several times a season so have to evaluate cost effectiveness
    oil filters - there are some places like Napa you can get cheaper than OEM but have heard enough not to use them - just don't seem to fit exactly and have
    be oil leaks
    spare parts?? no spare parts unless of course you hit a log running to the tuna grounds
    fuel. non ethanol but you know that
    I will a treatment of Marine Stabil thru it periodically and of course when i store it between fall and spring fishing
    here is a suggestion - get them to install the engine interface cable into your NEMA2000 network
    I'm on the ITC email list. or sent me a private message here
    Art

Comment

Working...
    X