Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF 300 Suzuki's shift control error

I have twin 2007 DF 300's. fly by wire
    My port motor will not go back to neutral after i run the boat. at the dock when i first crank the motor it will go in and out of gear and in and out of fwd and reverse etc no problem but after i run it for awhile It will only throttle up and down to idle speed but will not come out of gear to neutral. If i turn the motor off it will , after some time "reset" which allows it to return to neutral and start again but not immediately it must sit for awhile with the key switch off. i assume because it thinks it is still in gear it will not crank. Question... is this an actuator, shift position sensor or something else like an ECU? I have had 4 different techs tapped out on identifying the problem. They come out and hook up the computer at the dock and say they don't see any errors. Again the problem only occurs after it is running for awhile. If i hook up a computer while it is running and the problem occurs will it identify the problem? . My smis gauges quit working long ago so i dont get the error codes that way.
Working...
X