DF 70 seven beeps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 70 seven beeps.

So my 70 is throwing a code and shutting down to 3000 rpm. Only does it if I run over 4000 rpm and is somewhat inconsistent. I don't have a factory tach, but it does 7 beeps roughly 5 seconds apart. After the beeps I can continue as normal until it happens again. Any ideas?

Also what code would this be? I understand the beeps don't necessarily correspond to the lights (if I had a factory tach).

Thanks,

well the codes flash and sound in a sequence
    you will need to look and listen more closely
    there are just a couple of error codes that add up to seven and activate the fail safe system
    the 3-4 sequence is the MAP sensor
    5-2 is the VVT advance

art

Comment

Thanks for that. But.......took it out today hoping to get a better idea, and now it won't do the seven beeps. It still cuts out in the same manner but gives me 4 beeps which seem equally spaced by about 5 seconds.

Comment

Towards the top of this forum is a "sticky" thread with a couple of lists of the Suzuki fault codes. Suggest you check them out to see if yours match any listed there.

If your engine is doing something different to the codes listed there, the best idea is to take it to a Suzuki dealer who has the Suzuki disgnostic system (SDS) so they can hook it up to their laptop and see what fault codes have been stored. They can use SDS to run tests of various engine functions as well.

Are you sure that the engine is not over-revving - perhaps a prop hub is spun, or the prop damaged and losing grip on the water and cavitating, resulting in an over-rev situation?

Also, have you checked the basics like oil level?

And dont forget, every 100 hrs you will get a warning for an oil change due.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-08-2017, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X