DF25A clogged cooling passage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF25A clogged cooling passage

Hi Suzuki Forum! New member here from Key Largo, FL. Main boat is a 2019 Nautique G25, but my elderly neighbor has a small boat with Suzuki DF25A that I am trying to repair for him (need him out on the water while he still can !!!). Traced overheating problem to the thermostat, and when I pulled the thermostat it is completely corroded and the passageway behind the thermostat is also completely blocked. I have spent some time digging buildup out of the passage but am now about 4" deep and there is still no sign of a passage. Anyone know how far back the passageway behind the thermostat goes, and if it ultimately go es up, down, left or right? Don't want to get to aggressive and end up digging all the way thru the head. Thanks in advance, and thanks from my neighbor !!!

Solved: I hooked up the hose to the flush port, let it run for 10 minutes, not a drop was coming out of the thermostat port. Used a pressure nozzle to backwash from inside the thermostat port and when I hooked up to the flush port I got a small stream of water coming out the thermostat port. Encouraging! Repeated the flush/backwash cycle a few times and suddenly water exploded out of the thermostat port along with some debris. Appears a mud dobber or similar varmit had taken up residence behind the thermostat. Hooked things back up and motor running perfect and cool. Success !!!

Comment

Thanks for reporting back on your experience. I have the same motor and will try to remember this scenario.

Comment

Working...
      X