Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF15 -97 no spark

Hello!

I have a DF15 from 1997 with no spark. One day it suddenly just died when It was running.

The spark plugs are replaced. I found a service manual on the internet for models 2003- (so its not really the right one for mine). I did however get some ideas what to check. I also disconnected the engine emergency stop switch to make sure that isnt the problem.

I checked the condenser charge coil. Resistance = 461 ohm. Output about 114 volt AC (when cranking the engine, I got an electric starter). The manual says 144 volt and 244-364 ohm. But since the manual isnt the right manual I cant say for sure that the outcome is out of spec.

I checked the pulser coil for resistance. Resistance = 210 ohm. Within spec. Will also check the output voltage tomorrow.

What I also checked was the output from the CDI to the ignition coil. There are 2 cables from CDI to the ignition coil. I measured on both cables (one at a time) and ground and the result was 0 voltage, checked with both AC and DC.

Even though the output from condenser charge coil may be out of spec, I should still get atleast some output to the ignition coil?

I just dont want to buy a new expensive CDI until I am sure that the CDI is the problem.

If any of you have any idea what to do next please let me know! Ive checked the wirings+connections and cant find any obvious problems with it (corrosion etc)

Problem solved...

Output from condenser was 114 RMS. The manual said 144 volt or moore but that was peak volt and my multimeter cant measure that so you have to take 114x1,4 to get the peak volt.

Had no volt from CDI though. By accident I noticed that one of the cables to ignition coil was soft, turned out that it was broken inside. After that - SPARK! Runs perfect

Comment

Working...
    X