Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70 4-stroke, oil and rev lamp flashes 5 times

Motor: Suzuki DF70, year 2000.

Recently, this is what happens on the tachometer when I turn on the tiller ignition:

1. Warning buzzer sounds, and all lights are turned on, and then off
    2. Operating hour indication system is bypassed
    3. Oil and rev light flashes five times

The engine can be turned on, and is working as normal. I have not run the engine since last fall and at that time it ran great during low revs but during high revs it would sporadically run short of power and then would kick in with full throttle. It felt like a fuel restriction that would clear up on its own and then return.

I'm not sure if I should be worried about the odd behavior on the tach but that is why I'm bringing up this posting to see what others think. As for the fuel system, I have been working on the motor the past few weeks. Replaced the low/high pressure pumps, low/high pressure fuel filters, fuel line from tank to vst, seat/needle in the vst, tested fuel pressure regulator, and cleaned injectors. Followed service manual step by step for all repairs.

As for the electrical system I tested the tachometer with 12v ice fishing battery and a loose wire. This allowed me to illuminate each warning alarm. I also checked the 4 pin connectors from tach to ecu with a OHM meter. From there, I disconnected the 5 plugs that run into the ECU and checked the cabling around them. When I removed the ECU, It has some raised areas on the back.

I'll have a suzuki diagnostic cable/software coming in the mail on Sunday. I should have time to run the engine for the first time this year and see if any codes appear.

Thanks,
    Matt

Adding output from Suzuki software.
    Attached Files

Comment

I had the chance to speak to my local Suzuki technician. He didn't have an answer for the behavior recorded on the tach and suggests that I run the motor and see how it goes.

Comment

Since my last posting I have ran the motor for maybe 4 hours which 95% of that was at low trolling speeds. My last few ignition key turns have acted completely normal. No more rev/oil flashing and I'm not sure what happened. I'll update here if anything changes.

Comment

Working...
        X