water in ptt motor 2008 df90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in ptt motor 2008 df90

Has anyone had a problem with water getting into ptt motor. This is the fourth time I have had to remove ptt motor because would not run. I take the motor off and disassemble and about a teaspoon to a tablespoon of water is inside. Usually the brush spring are falling apart and thermal switch on one brush is badly corroded. First time I did this I got new o-rings to seal both motor and pump. When I replaced the o-rings noticed that they were two different sizes, one thicker than the other. The original o-rings were exact same size, Bad on Suzuki. I replaced corroded parts and put back on motor. worked fine for two years Then quit again, removed ptt motor water in it again. This has happened four times about two years apart..Today I replaced ptt motor with new aftermarket motor from amazon. $130 versu $770 from suzuki. This last it shorted out so bad that it melted a gap in the the up wire from the motor and fried the up section of the relay. Still waiting for delivery of relay.. I am mystified at how water is getting in,

Ive been on this forum for many years, and yours is the first post about such a problem that I can recall seeing.

Certainly not common or a “known issue”

Comment

Some added info, aftermarket motor runs fine up and down. PTT relay not fried, I forgot about upper limit switch.

Comment

Anyone have a fix for oil change alert. I have tried about fifteen times to stop oil change alert on DF90. Have tried procedure in owners manual and shop manual. Not critical, but it is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by gslaydon View Post
          Anyone have a fix for oil change alert. I have tried about fifteen times to stop oil change alert on DF90. Have tried procedure in owners manual and shop manual. Not critical, but it is annoying.
          Turn key off.
          Take safety lanyard clip off the button
          turn key on (beeps)
          pull out safety lanyard button 3 times in succession
          system beeps to confirm successful reset

Dont forget to reinstall the clip after its done.

If you do that and it doesnt give the beep at the end to confirm its done, the most likely problem is that the wiring to the safety lanyard button is damaged and not working. Its simple to test this - with the clip off the button, try to start the engine. It shouldn’t start.

Comment

And I should add, this is the ONLY way to reset the oil change reminder.

Comment

Working...
            X