DF90 Outboard Height and Propeller Improvement Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 Outboard Height and Propeller Improvement Test

Hello all, thought to share some changes i did to my setup regarding outboard height and propeller selection. The sticky topic here regarding outboard height is one of the first i read (thank you moonlighter for that and for all your help regarding NMEA2000 information) and indeed there is a BIG difference when you find the optimum height and propeller.

My rib boat :

Some specifications at the time of the test :
    2008 SUZUKI DF90 1950cc Engine Range : 4500-5500 rpm
    Propeller : Trophy four blade 13.75 x 23 pitch
    2008 AB Inflatables Nautilus 17 DLX RIB Boat Boat weight : 490kg
    Fuel : 50 litres + 40 litres water
    Total. weight in test : around 950kg

Here is a table i made:

And a video :

As you can see the differences in speed and fuel consumption are really noticable.

P.S. Regarding Suzuki Engines 90-115 prior to 2008 (mine is a 2008), i confirm also that the new Interface Cable 2.9.4 works flawlessly, as you can see in the video.

Thanks very much for posting that up, its fantastic to see the results you have achieved by getting that engine lifted up and a great prop selection!

Look at the amazing gains in fuel economy achieved !!!

Comment

Impressive, indeed!
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Indeed, when the outboard was so buried ,the numbers were just ok. Now that the AV plate is just gliding on the water surface on a fast cruise and the right pitch propeller to reach the high end of the rev range the numbers (speed and fuel consumption) are really good.

Also, i would like to add that the 23 pitch Trophy (not plus) prop suited the DF90 really well. I also had a 21 pitch Trophy Plus , which is a heavier prop than the nonplus and in weight but also in feel. The non plus has a little less cup and thinner blades so it is a bit faster prop.

Comment

Working...
        X