Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often to change Suzuki Outboard Impeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often to change Suzuki Outboard Impeller?

How often do you guys change your impellers? My engine is a 2006 DF200. Thanks!

I change my water pump impeller and housing every service (100 Hrs.)

Comment

Suzuki (service manual) recommends 200 hours or once a year

Comment

Personally I don't change it every year. When my tell tale is strong then I let it where it is. I change a lot of impellers for my customers and some are in great shape after 6 or 7 years. Some are totally destroyed after 3. if you can do it yourself and you are a bit experienced then it is an 30 minutes job. You can check and let it sit if you think it looks like new. But I never check. When I check I replace. When you are in clean water then the housing can stay like new for years and years.

To be on the safe side, follow the manual. I've never seen an impeller destroyed within 2 years and I've seen a lot
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

One point to add is that it is of course necessary to drop the leg when servicing the water pump, and doing this also means that you:

1. Ensure that the bolts keeping the lower unit on are cleaned and reinstalled, thus reducing the chances of seized bolts, and

2. service the drive shaft splines by cleaning and regreasing them, and we know that this is important to ensure that it doesnt get stuck in the driven gear. Very importamt to do this.

Most people would think its a good idea to do the above at regular intervals - at least every 2 years, no longer. More frequently in harsh conditions.
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-22-2017, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your input everyone!

Comment

Working...
            X