DF175 loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF175 loss of power

Just thought I would share my recent experience in case it helps someone else. Motor would not rev over 4,000 rpm ran fine up to this rev range and then began to loose power. If you pulled the throttle back it would run fine. I had done a 500 Hr service only 5 hours earlier and had changed water trap filter, low pressure filter and high pressure filter. When I plugged in the diagnostics no new faults showed up. So after a bit of research on this forum I removed the VST and inspected the filter under the high pressure pump.
    The filter wan't as clogged as I thought it may have been but yes there was fine dirt around the filter. I cleaned the filter with solvent and cleaned out the VST.
    All fitted up and the motor now revs over 5,500 rpm and sounds much sweeter. So if you are having similar problems check the VST filter in your investigations as this may be your problem.

Thanks. Good advice. Those screens are real fine, and any fine particle build-up will be hard to see, but will sure do a number on restricting fuel flow
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
    X