Suzuki c10 gauge displaying "testing 1,2,3"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki c10 gauge displaying "testing 1,2,3"

My Suzuki c10 gange is displaying "testing 1,2,3," all over the screen. Tried reseting it and called a dealer and tech support and they haven't ever seen this. Any out there have a clue how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

The only other thing you can try if resetting doesn’t help is to reload the gauge software.

Given the gauge is not even starting up enough to get to the system menu, to do the software reload you would need a Simrad or Lowrance display on the same network.

If you have that, post back and I will dig out the latest software file I have and send you a link to download it. You might also find it on the Lowrance website.

Comment

I do have a Simrad Go9 on this boat. Thanks for the help!!

Comment

Here is a link to the latest version I know of.
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/997yftb362..._v270.luf?dl=0

Download it and save to a micro SD card of no greater than 32gb capacity.
        1. Turn the engine key to on where it beeps (but you dont need to start the engine)
        2. put the sd card into the Simrad display
        3. Open Simrad menu, find the files/storage page and locate the sd card, open it, and select the software update file.
        4. Select upload. Wait while it uploads, you will see a update progress bar as it uploads. It can take a minute or so to upload. Exit when its done. If it wont upload then its probably a hardware problem and thats not fixable.
        Fingers crossed that the reload works and brings it back to life! Outside chance, but worth a try.

If not, then Im afraid its probably a hardware issue and a new C-10 is in your near future.

Comment

IMPORTANT Note:

If you have more than one C10 on your boat, unplug the good one/s before doing the upload or it may crash the system. Must only have one C-10 on the network when uploading software.

Comment

Thanks. Its worth a try!

Comment

So finally had a chance to try the update. Unfortunately it did not work. Do you happen to know if the Simrad gets it data from the c10 or the engine? It doesn't seem like I'm getting any data on the simrad. Thanks,

Comment

C10 is simply a display for data received from the engine, via the network. The engine key must be turned on for it to be seen on the network.

Run this test.

Turn the engine key on to where it beeps.

Open the Simrad menu. Select System/network/device list, open the device list and scroll down to check the list of devices that the network is seeing. You should see the C10 and the Suzuki listed.

If the C10 is not listed, that would be another indication that it has failed (hardware failure) and if thats the case, at this stage I would recommend you disconnect it from the network in case it is causing issues.

If the Suzuki is listed, open it. At the bottom of that screen select Data. This opens a screen showing the full range of data being sent by the Suzuki to the network. Take a photo and post back here.

If you see the expected range of data on that list, exit out and then I recommend resetting network data sources. Go menu/system/network/sources and select auto select, follow the prompts to complete the reset process. All engine data should then be shown on the Simrad where it would be expected to be seen - open the Instruments pages to check.

Comment

I can't add any comments about the C10 Gauges, I'm thinking this is the same multifunction indicator that I have installed in my boat. I have a twin installation with 225 engines, 2014. I've got a Fuel Flow indication error of about double it should be indicating at all power settings on the starboard engine. Suzuki offers NO technical support, so here I am. My intensions this year during winter layup was to install a Garmin GPSMAP 741 in place of three indicators. Things happened and that didn't get accomplished. So what's the fix for this error problem?

Comment

Originally posted by FishTales View Post
                    I can't add any comments about the C10 Gauges, I'm thinking this is the same multifunction indicator that I have installed in my boat. I have a twin installation with 225 engines, 2014. I've got a Fuel Flow indication error of about double it should be indicating at all power settings on the starboard engine. Suzuki offers NO technical support, so here I am. My intensions this year during winter layup was to install a Garmin GPSMAP 741 in place of three indicators. Things happened and that didn't get accomplished. So what's the fix for this error problem?
                    C-10 is a square colour gauge that has sharp corners - Is that what you have?

If so, the gauge is not faulty. It just displays information sent to it by the engine interface. So the real problem is likely to be with the interface. One of them could be running the wrong software.

Please check both engine interface’s software versions and report back.

To do this, turn both keys on (where it beeps) but dont start the engines. In one gauge, open the menu and select system/network/device list, open the device list and scroll down, you will see both engines listed. Open one of them and you will see the software version listed there, make a note of it, do the same for the other engine and report back.

Comment

Also…

You cannot safely replace the 3 Suzuki C-10’s with a Garmin display. You will lose the ability to display engine fault codes and service reminders, both of which provide important information to diagnose problems and to allow you tomtake appropriate action to prevent damage to the engine.

You need to keep at least one C-10 on the network to get this info.

Comment

FishTales Here
                        I need to make a correction, My gauges are the SMIS 4" Multi-function Gauges. Boat is 80 miles away from home, so when I get back up to the boat, I'll still do the software check for both engines and report that information back. And yes I was still going to have 1 SMIS Gauge in the system.
                        Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately I dont think you can view the sw version on the old round SMIS gauges….

On each interface cable there is a black module about 2” long looks like a usb stick. Sometimes the sw version is written on it. Although that is not a 100% reliable way to check because the sw version can be changed.

Is this boat new to you or have you had it since new?

Is the fuel discrepancy a new issue or recent? Was anything changed recently?

Do you have any other displays attached to the network at present? Some other displays can view the Suzuki interfaces in their network device list and see the sw versions.

Comment

I'm sorry about the confusion of the C-10 and the SMIS Gauges. So before this topic gets off track, I'll move my conversation over to the SMIS Gauge Topic side. Thanks

Comment

So I I finally got back to the boat. Made sure the I could see the Suzuki interface on the network and it was there. But didn't see the c10. However I did read something that said to hold down the up and down arrows on startup. So I did and it worked. The only thing is that you have to do it every time your turn off your battery switch. Not a bad deal considering a new gauge is 500++. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X