C-10 Fuel data help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-10 Fuel data help

I just repowered with a new 300 and I'm having some trouble with the fuel data. The c-10 is showing around 300 gph's being used at idle. When running its showing anywhere around 600 gph's when throttling up and -600 when deceling. The dealership showed they installed a fluid level sensor ($110) and pressure sensor ($213). Shouldn't the gph's be correct regardless of what sensors they installed or how they installed them? They also ran a cable from the back of my speedometer for mpg (I'm assuming) since my electronics are not nmea2000.
    Also, I'm not showing the pressure sensor in my device list at all. No water pressure on any pages. All I'm showing is c10, fluid, interface. The backbone has 4 cables connected to it. Only two have tags.....interface, and fluid level. Any idea what the other 2 are?
    I don't want to carry it back to dealership because they have really scewed me over on this repower (plus it's 250 miles away). Hopefully this is driveway fix but if it's not, do y'all think the warranty might cover it. I could carry it to any Suzuki shop I wanted then.

There sounds to be multiple problems here.

Fisrtly the fuel flow issue is fairly typical of the incorrect interface cable software - a version that is not compatible with your new motor. If you repowered from an earlier Suzuki they should have changed the interface cable to a new one running version 3.5.0 software.

Then it sounds like the added sensors have not been configured properly, and possibly the pressure sensor may not have been installed correctly either. As to the cable from the speedometer - I have never heard of that being able to be done.

The whole thing sounds like a complete and utter mess.

I get your frustration with the installing dealer, however they seem to have created this mess, they should fix it. It would not be a warranty issue.

And, it is such a mess I think it is beyond us being able to help you to solve it as it really needs someone to be there to take a hands-on approach.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter. Interface cable shows version 3.5. I guess I'll take it in as bad as I hate to.

Comment

Yes, its a PITA when things are not done right and you have paid good money and used precious time to boot.

if it is possible, watch what they do, or at the very least, when they say they have fixed it, insist on a test before you leave so you can actually verify with your own eyes that it is all working properly.

Then if it is all OK, put the bite on them for a free service for the inconvenience of having to bring it back to them!!

BTW, the source for speed data (so you can get accurate mpg data) should be from a GPS, either a puck, or a GPS/Sonar display scren that is attached to the network.

Comment

Fixed

Well I think I finally found my fuel gauge problem. I unplugged the wires off of the fuel gauge sender in the tank and the C-10 went from showing 300gph to .60gph at idle. I haven't got to run it in the water since it started reading right, but I think I'm going to be a lot closer than 600 gph's. Might be something to try if anyone else is having similar problems.
          As far as the pressure sensor, I don't think they ever installed it. Oh well, I don't think I really need it anyway. I'm out $213 but it beats having to deal with the boat dealership again.
          For anybody interested in performance numbers.....
          Hydrasports 230 with 300 Suzuki, prop is 3x16x20.
          Wot with 4 people and full fuel is 51 at 6000rpm.
          Still breaking in so i didn't stay there long. Probably has a little more. I will post more #'s when I get a little more time in the water with it.

Comment

Working...
          X