Noise from 250 Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise from 250 Suzuki

When I shut off my motor there is a delay knocking noise - Its only happened a few times- When I listed close it sounded more like a lower unit noise- not sure but there was a delay in it- Anybody have any idea what it could be- Motor only has 40hrs on it..?

Maybe prop knock - stainless props can do this.

But check that the prop nut is correctly tightened to the right torque.

Others may have more ideas.

Comment

Thanks for the reply - Do you think this make sense https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=wtGOzly6cF4 ?

Comment

Okay - I put someone back there - here is what happens - I put throttle in neutral and turn off key. The prop is still spinning - then the motor stops the prop and then releases it - and it spins freely again- noise goes along with this action

Comment

So we figured out exactly what it is. When i turn the engine off the servo in the engine finds neutral - since the prop is spinning -the noise is the clutch dog finding neutral -

You can hear the servo engage in the motor engage then the clutch dog stops the prop if it doesn't land perfectly in the groove then slide into neutral

Its kinda bizarre but thats exactly what is happening- it really shouldn't hurt anything -

Thanks for all your responses - This group is a great sounding board for info!

Comment

Working...
          X