Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMEA Water Pressure Data From 2011 DF90A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMEA Water Pressure Data From 2011 DF90A?

Can anyone running a 2011 DF90A with NMEA2000 network confirm valid data for the water pressure via the network?

I have this setup with a Suzuki SMIS engine interface cable (V2.9), but it only shows 13.60 PSI no matter if the motor is running or not (as long as there is power to the network). I have tried resetting the data, changing the motor year to 2011 (keeps going to 2012), but no good water pressure data. It seems all other data from the motor via this network is displayed without problems.

Thank you...

Paul

I don't believe water pressure is one of the options on the engine interface cable
    Art

Comment

The A series do output water pressure to the network. See:https://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowr...Connection.pdf

Ive not set one with water pressure up, so unsure if there is anything special to do, but doubt that there is.

Looks like you are running the correct software etc, so I really think it should just work.

But maybe check network data sources for water pressure, or do an "auto-select" for data sources and see if that helps.

If no luck, suggest you talk to your local Suzuki dealer and see if they can help? I will make inquiries from my sources to see if they can throw any light on the issue. Let us know how it goes and if you find anything, I will do the same.

BTW you cant change the engine year in the interface config. The year is auto-detected by the interface, and where several years share the same ecu, the year it shows will be the later year that the ecu is used. Thats why yours shows as a 2012 and wont save the change to 2011. Its all OK, just leave it as 2012, its fine.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-26-2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

i think for the 2011 model you need part 34960-88L00 ( waterpressure sensor) . my DF70A from 2009 has the same problem ( no water pressure in the network) .

Comment

Ok, I can update everyone re the water pressure issue on DF70/90A and DF300.

The information published by Lowrance/Suzuki that lists the engine data sent to the network by those engines is INCORRECT!

It states that water pressure is sent for thise engines, but it IS NOT.

I spoke to my Suzuki contact last night and he assures me that no Suzuki 4 stroke outboards have ever sent water pressure direct from the engine/interface to the network.

His exact words were "they dont have a water psi sensor fitted, and never did".

He also went on to comment as follows:

"There is a NMEA2000 water pressure sensor kit that can be added later, but I can't see why you would bother -

Engine normally Max's out at around 14 psi flat out, and down to 2 or less psi at idle. By the time you noticed a change in water pressure, the engine would have already set an overheat or overheat gradient ( temp v time) alarm off.

So, it would be a waste of time I think. That's a very 70's thing on an outboard."

I will amend my document about what data is available from the interface as it was based on the information provided by Lowrance/Suzuki on the Lowrance website.

I will also message Lowrance to tell them about the incorrect info and ask them to remove it.

Hope that clears it up.

Cheers, all!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Not really needed, but if it was available, I would have kept it on the dash. I was hoping it would give me an indication of the impeller's status.

Oh well, I guess that leaves me with a gauge to use for another output.

Much appreciated.

Paul

Comment

what you can do is display the engine temperature on your network . that is what i do because in the summertime we have a lot of waterplants (pondweed) and bij regular checken the engine temperature i am way ahead before the alarm to clean my water intake. also you easely detect an broken thermostat.
              all suzuki engine's give the cilinder temp to the network.

Comment

Originally posted by pniksnut View Post
                what you can do is display the engine temperature on your network . that is what i do because in the summertime we have a lot of waterplants (pondweed) and bij regular checken the engine temperature i am way ahead before the alarm to clean my water intake. also you easely detect an broken thermostat.
                all suzuki engine's give the cilinder temp to the network.
                Agreed, i keep engine temp as a data overlay item on my HDS screen so I can keep an eye on it.

Comment

Yes - Thanks. Good tip for the thermostat, too. Actually, engine temp was on (and seems to be working) by Lowrance on the dash, but so was the water temp. I'll see what space I may have available to overlay. I like that.

Comment

There is a water pressure kit for the DF90A. It is on page 19 at the bottom of the pdf. https://www.suzuki.hu/marine/files/d...talog_2014.pdf (Suzuki Water Pressure Sensor Kit 34970-98J02)

It consists of a sensor, sensor mount, hoses and tee to tap into a water line. All of this is done at the motor.

The motor should already be setup for the sensor and has an unused connector (at the motor) to plug into that is connected to the network. Then the network should be able to read water pressure.
                    Last edited by Nayna32; 10-19-2017, 11:24 PM.
                    Henry

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I was hoping that this info was already available, btu this may be a plan B.

Comment

Working...
                      X