2018 250 oil alarm and vibrating motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 250 oil alarm and vibrating motor

Hey guys looking for some help. I was at the dock and my motor was idling as I got my rods in place and all of the sudden an alarm went off , when I looked it showed the oil sign, no specific code or anything but the motor started vibrating in correlation with the alarm. When I put into gear it slammed into gear and wouldn’t really propel the boat. I didn’t run it like that I then turned it off and killed battery and back on and the boat was fine and ran fine for a while and then alarm went back on and motor vibrating again. Is this just in need of a computer reset? I have oil and oil was changed end of last season when winterizing.

If it were mine, an alarm, oil light on, engine in safe mode (wont rev) and engine running badly, I would turn it off immediately and not even attempt to restart it until its been checked by a qualified and experienced Suzuki mechanic.

You risk doing major damage by continuing to run it, and may already have done so by revving it hard in that condition. I am actually quite shocked to hear that you did such a thing, that would be the last thing you’d want to do with an oil alarm blaring at you.

There may be zero oil pressure !!

Oil pressure failure creates an alarm and light, it doesnt throw a fault code. The light will only go out when the fault is fixed, same as fault codes - they resolve themselves when the fault condition no longer exists, there is no “reset” procedure as such.

Have you checked the oil dipstick level after this happened? Was the level correct? Did the oil look clean and clear?

Comment

Working...
    X