Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem connecting SMIS Interface to HDS7 gen2

Hello,

about 2 weeks ago i placed an order for 990C0-88136 and 990C0-88149-290 (V 2.9) at boats.net for my Suzuki DF90A Outboard engine.

Also ive buyd a Lowrance NMEA 2000 Starter Kit and connected everything including power for the network to my Engine and my HDS7 Gen2 from Lowrance.

My Problem now is, that the network does not work properly, under debug it shows me offline, if i remove a cable from the T and reconnect is says Online, but i cannot find the SMIS Interface... i think smt. is wrong.

I have the following Setup:

Terminator, T piece (power 12,5V), T piece(smis interface -> Adapter -> SDS Port), T piece (hds7 gen2), Terminator

My hds7 gen2 is running software 6.0

I have tried it with the ignition switched on or do I have to start the engine?

Also: Im able to see the interface on my hds7, although my adapter cable is perhaps wrongly wired?

hope some one can help me..

thank you very much

Martin
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 10-03-2017, 08:02 PM. Reason: Removed serial number of engine at poster's request.

Sounds like your network is wired up correctly.

You are a bit vague about exactly what the problem is?? Can you explain precisely what is or is not happening? What engine data, if any, do you get on the HdS??

Also, what year is your engine?

Network power must be on for it to work. Where is the network power connected to? If it is to the engine harness, then the network will only work when the engine key is turned on.

Also, make 100% sure that devices are only connected to the "leg" part of T pieces.

Engine key must also be on for the interface to show on the device list, but the engine doesnt need to be running. Just key turned on to where it beeps.

Make sure that all the plugs from the interface to the adapter cable and to the SDS port on the engine are plugged in firmly.

In the HDS network menu, device list, does the Suzuki device appear on the list when the key is turned on?

If it does, then in device list, data sources, try doing a auto-select of data sources.

Let us know.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-30-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I don't know how much it matters, if at all, but I have my Lowrance, network and SMIS interface energized before turning on the ignition key. As already mentioned, the key only need to be On in order to see the interface (even if the interface has power on to it).

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        Sounds like your network is wired up correctly.
        i have got it working! My Problem was, that the Adapter Cable between SDIS and Interface was wrongly connected. I turned it around and then it worked!

thank you very much for triying to help.

Could you please remove the Serial of my Outboard in my first Post? thank you

Martin

Comment

Hi,
          Can you please advise which 12Vdc power supply did you use??There are actually two models:
          990C0-88112 SMIS Power cable
          990C0-88130 SMIS Quad power Node
          Regards

Comment

Hi,
            Can you please advise which 12Vdc power supply did you use??There are actually two models:
            Regards

Comment

Most people use the normal power cable. This is the same node as is included in NMEA2000 starter kits provided by lowrance and Simrad and Garmin. Thes starter kts contain all the parts needed to creat the network, and are FAR FAR cheaper than buying the componnets included individually.

The Quad power node is only used when you want to ensure the network still has power even when the engine and other power sources are not turned off. Basically, it has 4 sets of pos/neg wires that you can connect to different power sources. This means that even if 3 of thise sources are turned off, the network still gets power from thr last one.

Did you have a particular situation in mind that prompted the question??

Comment

Actually i wasn't sure whether the quad node had an interface module like the engine interface and hence communication wouldn't occur. If its just a four input module with one output, then its fine.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fishmaster View Post
                  Hi,
                  Regards
                  Sorry for late answer, ive used 990C0-88112 which was included in the lowrance nmea 2000 starter kit.

Comment

Working...
                  X