C10 Gauge & DF225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C10 Gauge & DF225

Thinking about adding a C10 gauge for my '07 DF225. I already have it hooked into a MNEA 2000 system with limited engine functions displayed on my Garmin 73SV. I was never able to track down a Simrad or Lowrance unit to calibrate it. What will a C10 add as engine functions? The fuel usage readouts are way off now. Will I still need to calibrate it or will it be a plug & play addition? I believe I'm using a ver 2.4 engine interface. I also have a spare 3.??? I used with my '18 DF140 before upgrading to the latest version. Thanks for all insight.

Where to start……

Adding a C-10 is as simple as adding an extra T to the existing NMEA2000 network and plugging it in.

With the C-10 you will be able to get the following info
    RPM, alternator voltage, engine temperature, engine hours, trim (if the engine has trim functions), fuel flow rate, fuel used, seasonal fuel used, trip fuel used.

You can properly configure the Suzuki interface using the C10. Open the network device list, select the Suzuki device and select configure. Set engine year, hp and set location as centre. Done. It will also show the software version in there too.

The problem with a 2007 engine is getting the correct version interface cable to suit it, and this may be the reason you are currently getting limited data and bad fuel data. A 2007 engine needs to use the old model interface cable, which can be determined by inspecting the cable and if its the old one, there will be 2 walnut sized noise suppressors on the cable. If you have that cable, then the best software version to use is version 2.30. The cable can be loaded with V2.30 via the C-10’s usb port. It cannot be done via any Garmin display.

Using the wrong cable running an incompatible software version will typically result in fuel data that is ridiculously wrong, and no amount of calibrating or doing anything else will fix it. data instability also can happen.

The version 3 xxxx cables you used with the 2018 DF140’s WILL NOT be suitable at all.

Comment

I bought this interface over a year ago. I thought at the time it was the correct cable for the year motor. The part number is 990C0-88134. Just to verify, is this the right cable for my year motor?

Comment

Cant really tell, they regularly change the part number over time. And, software can be changed.

However, It is VERY unlikely that a cable purchased brand new just a year ago is the old model required for a 2007 model engine. They stopped making them at least a decade ago.

Usually they have the software version written on the side of the memory module in the cable. Check there and report back. Alsontell us if the cable has the noise supressors on it.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-30-2022, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I stand corrected. My motor is an '06, not an '07. The interface cable was bought off eBay as "used". There were no chokes or version numbers as my newer ones have, only the silver part number tag. The eBay listing is long gone but I seem to recall looking for this specific one because it matched up to the year I needed. Can older/correct software be downloaded?

Comment

If your cable is the older model, yes, the software can be changed, I mentioned this in post #2.

I also mentioned there that the software change can be loaded via a C-10.

It can also be loaded via a Lowrance or Simrad display such as any HDS model, Eilte ti or newer, Simrad GO or NSS. It cannot be loaded via any other make - because the interface is made by Lowrance and speaks their language.

Really, unless you commit to the C-10 (or can loan one) or can get your hands on one of the Simrad or Lowrance displays I mentioned, thats about all that can be said.

The software update is easy to do. I can post a link to where you can download the software file.

Comment

I tracked my neighbor down and determined she has a Simrad GO7 XSE, which I believe will work for the setup. Just to confirm, using her head will only write to the module, nothing will be saved to the head unit? Mr Moonlighter, you mentioned earlier a link to download software. Would you be kind enough to list that? Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

The GO7 is perfect for the job.

The settings you change are stored in the NETWORK and interface, not in the GO7 so there is no negative impact there, nothing gets saved to the head unit. Its like using the Go7 as a computer keyboard.

You will have to connect the Simrad to power AND plug it into your network as well.

The following link is the version 2.30 file from my dropbox folder. Just download it, dont try to open it or anything, just download and save it to where you can find it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7a20aa7t0...0_UPD.luf?dl=0

To upload a different version software to the Suzuki interface cable, the procedure is detailed below.

First, using a PC, download and then copy the file to a micro sd card that will fit into the GO7, the card you use must be no greater than 32GB capacity or the GO7 cant read it. Its nit a large file so a 2 or 3 gb card is plenty big enough.

Now, the upload procedure is as follows:
                1. Turn the engine key to on where it beeps (but you dont need to start the engine)
                2. Turn the GO7 on, find the files/storage page and locate the sd card, open it, and select the software update file.
                3. Select upload. Wait while it uploads, you will see a update progress bar as it uploads. It can take a minute or so to upload. Exit when its done.
                4. Then go into the system menu again and find network/devices and then open the device list. Locate the Suzuki interface that was just updated. Select configure, it opens a page showing details including the software version. So make sure that the software version listed now matches the version you uploaded.
                5. Also, make sure that the engine location setting is correct, if not, set it using the dropdown on that page, for single engines set it as Centre. Set the hp and year settings. Save and exit done.

Comment

Ok something went wrong with my reply.

i will try to post again…

The GO7 is perfect for the job.

The settings you change are stored in the NETWORK and interface, not in the GO7 so there is no negative impact there, nothing gets saved to the head unit. Its like using the Go7 as a computer keyboard.

You will have to connect the Simrad to power AND plug it into your network as well.

The following link is the version 2.30 file from my dropbox folder. Just download it, dont try to open it or anything, just download and save it to where you can find it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7a20aa7t0...0_UPD.luf?dl=0

To upload a different version software to the Suzuki interface cable, the procedure is detailed below.

First, using a PC, download and then copy the file to a micro sd card that will fit into the GO7, the card you use must be no greater than 32GB capacity or the GO7 cant read it. Its nit a large file so a 2 or 3 gb card is plenty big enough.

Now, the upload procedure is as follows:
                  1. Turn the engine key to on where it beeps (but you dont need to start the engine)
                  2. Turn the GO7 on, find the files/storage page and locate the sd card, open it, and select the software update file.
                  3. Select upload. Wait while it uploads, you will see a update progress bar as it uploads. It can take a minute or so to upload. Exit when its done.
                  4. Then go into the system menu again and find network/devices and then open the device list. Locate the Suzuki interface that was just updated. Select configure, it opens a page showing details including the software version. So make sure that the software version listed now matches the version you uploaded.
                  5. Also, make sure that the engine location setting is correct, if not, set it using the dropdown on that page, for single engines set it as Centre. Set the hp and year settings. Save and exit done.

Comment

Thank you again Mr. Moonlighter. I'll track down a card and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X