70 vst leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 vst leaking

I have a 70 on my pontoon and recently it started leaking fuel thru the vst i took it apart and it was as clean as could be i was expecting to find crud in there but thier was nothing in the float valve i am completely stumped can someone point me in the right direction

Since it was clean I would suggest either bad needle and seat or float is out of adjustment. That would be my next move.
    2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

I took the float off and inspected the needle and seat it appears to be fine I put it back together and flipped it upside down and blew thru the fuel line upside down to see if it was seated the float didn't move so tomorrow I am going to fill it with fuel and blow threw it again and see I am just lost due to the fact their was no gunk or anything

Comment

Hi Khackett! Just wondering how you determined that the needle and seat where fine, It would only take something the size of a hair to let fuel under pressure leak, I would have just replaced it and eliminated it as a cause. Only two probable causes, Incorrect float adjustment or leaking needle or seat

Comment

you say fuel is leaking through the VST
          where is fuel leaking to? where are you seeing fuel?
          Art

Comment

Working...
          X