Suzuki DF30 A 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF30 A 2019

Hi , a strange occurrence today I was fishing and left the engine idling in neutral . When I wanted to leave I thought I had shifted but apparently not and I put the gas in neutral and it wouldn't take the gas it didn't rev and stuttered. I put it in forward and it picks up the gas well and runs perfect. I have to report that yesterday I hit the propeller against a stone, causing the engine to stop, could this be the cause, it seems strange to me.
    Sorry for my english I'm from Belgium
    Last edited by zorazori; 06-19-2022, 01:55 PM.

When you try rev the engine high in neutral, the computer prevents damage to the engine by electronically restricting rpm to about 3000rpm.

The computer does this by limiting spark and fuel, so when it reaches 3000rpm the engine will stutter and run bad.

If you know anything about racing cars, it is the same as when racing cars drive through the pit lane where speed limits are low, you will hear the engines missing and stuttering really badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      When you try rev the engine high in neutral, the computer prevents damage to the engine by electronically restricting rpm to about 3000rpm.

The computer does this by limiting spark and fuel, so when it reaches 3000rpm the engine will stutter and run bad.

If you know anything about racing cars, it is the same as when racing cars drive through the pit lane where speed limits are low, you will hear the engines missing and stuttering really badly.

Thanks for your message, now I'm comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by zorazori View Post

Thanks for your message, now I'm comfortable
        All good.

The engine did exactly what it should have done.

Comment

Working...
        X