DF90 - Starting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 - Starting issue

Seems recently my 2007 DF90 takes a few tries to start. Sometimes it starts right up, but more recently it seems to take sevral tries. the Starter engages fine and motor turns over, Just doesn't fire up until sometimes the 3rd try. Any ideas on where to start? motor runs perfect once started

First thing is always the battery and associated connections.

Load test the battery, clean and tighten all connections, including the white wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      First thing is always the battery and associated connections.

Load test the battery, clean and tighten all connections, including the white wire.
      Wanted to update. You were dead on. Thanks for your suggestions

In addition to the no start issue i had a few isolated issues were the motor barely turned over and sounded like a dead battery. I thought maybe the starter was starting to go. Battery was brand new and tested good. Was actually offshore a few miles and at idle the motor sounded a quick alarm and died. It wouldn't restart. Just clicking

after a few minutes of looking at connections i found a bad/corroded connection for the main positive battery lug. Wasn't visible because it was under the heat shrink, but with a few wiggles the cable separated from the lug

I stripped some wire back and was able to wrap around terminal and boat started up

Ordered some tinned lugs and crimped new connections. Been starting up perfect every time now

Comment

Working...
      X