Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200 Shift problems

God Morning,

We have a problem child 8M Rib with twin DF200's from around 2017 with keyless start. One of the engines decided not to go into gear giving a 3-3 error code (shift position sensor). The engine would start and rev in neutral, engage gear but not increase engine speed when in gear. It being the summer in the Med all suzuki agents are busy so I'm trying to do it myself.

I obtained a new sensor and fitted it with a bit of finagling to get the set up almost as per the manual, ie 2.3v at neutral, 0.8v reverse, the most I could get for ahead was 3.7v where the manual said 4.1v. I refitted everything and it would now engage ahead and astern as before and now rev in astern but not ahead.

I removed the link arm between the shift actuator and gear lever arm when it was running ahead to see if I could manually move the lever arm a bit further to see if the actuator would give a little more voltage. The engine stalled and stopped and now the shift actuator is in the ahead position and I cannot reset it to neutral.

I have checked the shift actuator 15A fuse which is good. The manual mentions a shift motor relay which I haven't found.

Can anybody please suggest a fix please to at least get the shift actuator back to neutral so I can continue fault finding, I appreciate any input.

Working...
X