2022 DF140 to NEMA 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 DF140 to NEMA 2000

I just received a new 2022 Alumacraft Trophy 175 with a 2022 DF140 on it.
    it currently has analog gauges
    I have three networked Helix finders
    I purchased the following:
    Helix Network adapter NEMA 2000 to Network
    Suzuki Engine Interface Cable (V3.5) (From my Dealer)
    NEMA Starter Kit (From my Dealer)
    NEMA Extension Cable (From my Dealer)

I did not get any instructions with what the dealer provided.
    I understand the wiring of the backbone and the Starter kit, as well as tying in the Helix Networking adapter to the NEMA 2000

The Interface Cable has a 4 prong plug, and a two prong Socket.
    I am unclear as to where i plug these in on the engine.
    I found a "rubber dock" with a 4 prong plug in it, and a 4 prong socket and plug connected right next to this one.
    What I am unclear is do I unplug the existing plug and plug this cable into that socket, and if I do, do I just tape off the one I remove? And if I do, what am I disconnecting?

I am not having success finding any photos or pictorials showing this interface connection.

And, will my Analog gauges continue to work once I have the NEMA 2000 hooked up?

I am a retired electrician and do not have any issues with soldering wires it I need to...

Thanks in Advance for your help!
    Bill

I wrote a thread about this some years ago and the info is still relevant for what you want to do.

Wrote it because its a regularly asked question and the info in that thread saves me repeating the same thing many times.

Its at the top of this forum as a “sticky” thread so it stays near the top where it can be easily found.

Have a read and after that if you still have questions come back and ask, will be happy to assist.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      I wrote a thread about this some years ago and the info is still relevant for what you want to do.

Wrote it because its a regularly asked question and the info in that thread saves me repeating the same thing many times.

Its at the top of this forum as a “sticky” thread so it stays near the top where it can be easily found.

Have a read and after that if you still have questions come back and ask, will be happy to assist.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks
      thanks! I will try this this weekend!

Comment

Hi! Did you manage to get this up and running? Do you have a 140A or 140B? I have a 2022 140B (mechanical) and a Suzuki Engine Interface Cable 3.5.7 connected to a NMEA backbone and a Raymarine Element 7S, but cannot get any connection to the engine. I suspect the software on the engine interface isn't up to date.

Cheers from Northern Europe :-)

Comment

3.5.7 is the latest version available as far as I know.

Where have you connected the interface cable to the engine?

Did you read the information at the link I posted?

What gauges are you running?

Comment

Working...
          X