DF20a no codes. Drops #1 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF20a no codes. Drops #1 cylinder

I hooked up my 2018 DF20a to my laptop today with testing harness and software. Took it out in the harbor.

Engines idles fine I headed out and got it on plane and within 2 minutes it went into its failure mode where it vibrates and cuts power in half with a flashing red light as it consistently done for a month.

There were no trouble codes listed.

I got into the software and narrowed it down. When I shut off the #1 injector - no change Engine kept running on 1 cylinder . When I shut off the #2 injector motor shuts down immediately.

After a shutdown and a restart the engine always starts running fine for a minute or two before it drops a cylinder again.

So far I have swapped out the gas and freshwater flushed the motor.

Where should I start replacing parts?

You're not over-revving it, are you? I have a DF25A, and I've learned that when I run it above the rev limit, it limits the revs by dropping one cylinder, i.e. it starts running very rough. I believe it also does the same if it overheats, though I believe over-heating should throw an error code.

Comment

No as soon as the cylinder stops firing it misses at idle as well. Only way it comes back is to stop the motor and restart.

Comment

Working...
      X